• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: kinda bummed out, Nordic tube clamp

DHonovich said:
So you have the NC clamp made for the SPX barrel?

I believe that I have the SPX barrel clamp. I will have to double check.
I just checked, it is the correct tube clamp. I guess I am an idiot and just did not tighten enough.

I looked on their site and last week when I ordered it theyu had 40 in stock, they are out of stock again.

I did use the blue locktite on the theads, great advise found on this site. Thanks for the heads up on the Birchwood Casey.

Re: kinda bummed out, Nordic tube clamp

You are not alone. I scratched up my barrel and mag tube pretty good using the same barrel clamp. I ended up not using the clamp after that.

Just bought 930 Tactical from Walmart. Questions

No heat shield, but has the flare before the breacher.

I plan on buying a tube extension (+2?) and not sure which brand is preferred. Nordic?
Also, I read you're better off using the stock tube spring than the spring that comes with the Nordic.?
Is this true?
Does the Nordic clamp fit on this barrel?
Is a "low drag" follower recommended?

The Mesa stock is on my wishlist too.

Re: Just bought 930 Tactical from Walmart. Questions

Congrats on the new 930!

I run the Nordic +2 on mine...

The Nordic replacement spring works just fine in it. Can't use a clamp on mine due to the fixed heat shield, but it's not really necessary with the short extension. As far as a replacement follower goes it couldn't hurt, but I'd see how your factory follower does before you replace it. My factory follower works just fine...

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

I too have an 18.5 930 HS with Nordic +2 extension and XL cap.

With this setup, the extension is 5/16in shorter than the barrel. I had hoped it would be closer to flush.

Cutting the spring to the recommended length makes loading 7 shells impossible. It needed another half inch travel. Using the stock spring lets me load the 7th shell but it does not feed unless worked very hard like others have said.

Is it even possible to get 7 in the mag with the +2 Nordic and XL cap? Also, why would the mag and barrel be flush for some and over 1/4 inch off for others?

I have a feeling I will end up getting another spring and cut it to accommodate 6 shells only. Not what I hoped for but I would prefer a reliable setup.

Thanks for any input.

I think your extension is the issue. Gun magazine is 4 plus Nordic +2 should give you 6. The XL cap give you what? 3/4 of an inch?

Thanks.
The +2 gives you 2 more 2.75" shells and 1 3"?
Is there a cap extension that will permit +2 3" shells?

So wouldn't a +2 extension only make the gun a 7 shot?
Am I wrong for thinking you need a +3 to get to the 8 shot capacity that would bring the mag tube flush (or very close) with the end of the barrel like the factory 8 shots?

Sorry for any hijacking of the thread but it seems pretty close to the OP's topic

Right, the XL cap is 3/4 inch. On other setups as shown in this topic, the barrel is flush with the mag extension. Mine and others are 5/16in short.

I could do the XXL cap to get 7 but would rather not have it extend past the barrel.

The +2 extension on a 930 Tactical will give you 6+1 capacity and a +3 extension will definitely stick out past the end of an 18" barrel...

So if I got a 5 shot tactical or combo and added the same extension as the factory uses (to make it an 8 shot), the mag tube would protrude past the barrel.
How does the factory 8 shot mag tube not protrude past the barrel?
Are they using different receivers?
Is that same mag tube extension that the factory uses not available to the public?

There is obviously something (or alot of things) that I don't understand here.

So here is my question...What is the barrel size that comes with the combo 930 purchase? The 930 I bought was the Roadblocker version and since I got it for a great price, I found on ebay the HD barrel and swapped it out. :D I have been thinking of putting on a +2 extension and clamp, but want to make sure I am purchasing the right one. Thanks.

mrblaq2u said:
So here is my question...What is the barrel size that comes with the combo 930 purchase? The 930 I bought was the Roadblocker version and since I got it for a great price, I found on ebay the HD barrel and swapped it out. :D I have been thinking of putting on a +2 extension and clamp, but want to make sure I am purchasing the right one. Thanks.

There are a couple different combos. If you give the mossberg item # you purchased I can look it up.

awiner said:
mrblaq2u said:

There are a couple different combos. If you give the mossberg item # you purchased I can look it up.

Mossberg 930 Home Defense (HD) barrel 18.5 inch barrel with a brass bead sight. I'll have to wait until I get home to know what the actually # is, but hopefully this will help.

mrblaq2u said:
awiner said:
mrblaq2u said:

Mossberg 930 Home Defense (HD) barrel 18.5 inch barrel with a brass bead sight. I'll have to wait until I get home to know what the actually # is, but hopefully this will help.

I've seen the combos come with a 28" ribbed/ported barrel as well as a 24" ported barrel.

Anyone looking for a +2 extension-Nordic is listing them in stock.

Sorry, my bad, it's CPWSA that has them.

80sgyrene said:
Anyone looking for a +2 extension-Nordic is listing them in stock.

Just went to the site and it still says back ordered.... :cry:

They went quick then. I ordered last week and got one. Oh well, at least you might have a rail on the way. ;)

EDIT- Sorry try CPWSA

Back