• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Cleaning/Maintenance

Glad you got out and had some fun. They're sweet shooters aren't they?!

Seriously, I love this shotty! I can't wait to get back out and put another 50-100 shells through it. I was surprised how little recoil is felt and how accurate the thing is. I had planned to take some action photos, but my brother and I were too busy having fun shooting it :p

Next time I will make sure to take some pictures of the groupings/patterns and a more thorough review of the performance based on what rounds I am using.

Understood.

Put 250 rounds assorted ammo through my JM Pro the last time out and my shoulder was still good for more. I was dumping tubes as fast as I could load em...

Am I the only one that just learned you can use a cleaning rod to help put the mag spring back in the tube on a JM Pro? The cap has a hole in it and you put a cleaning rod thru it to keep the spring lined up and prevent it from kinking up.

I have a Nordic plus 6 on mine and up until the last time I cleaned it no problems at all. Then on Sunday I had a failure to feed.It turns out I had not turned down one end of the mag tube spring and when I put on the cap the end of the spring caught and caused it to kink . I think I did not have it completely tighten down too and that caused problems. I never again will be casual/careless when I do any maintenance on my gun.It taught me a lesson I won't forget. There is nothing worse than pulling the trigger and no boom..

How often do you guys clean your 930?

Thouroughly cleaned mine before I took it to the range for the first time. No reason why other than I was super excited to know more about it. Fired it a couple times since then and don't plan on cleaning it until I go again next couple weekends. That would be roughly 100 rds between cleaning.

Would anyone care to share their routines and experiences?

Thanks.

Mine typically get cleaned on a need basis.

If I start to notice the action getting gunked up or it stops running right I'll give them a full tear down and cleaning. Otherwise, I just keep shooting...

One thing to mention is that my 930s are range guns.

I don't keep them defense ready in the house, so the need for them to run perfectly at a moments notice is not pressing. If that were the case, I absolutely would keep them clean and lubed more regularly. I do detail strip, clean, and lube before a competition, but for regular range use the routine in my previous post applies...

Gotcha.

I plan on going to the range next weekend to test the AFG I installed on the stock forend ala RippSpeed et al. I'll clean it right after.

I'm confident that it is ready to rock n' roll should zombies come calling before then.

Last edited:
Clean mine after each use but I hunt with them and the outdoors with all the moisture can be a little unforgiving that being said I'm having trouble with mine not wanting to cycle 3" rounds right now 2 3/4 even low brass no problem

Clean mine after each use but I hunt with them and the outdoors with all the moisture can be a little unforgiving that being said I'm having trouble with mine not wanting to cycle 3" rounds right now 2 3/4 even low brass no problem

Uh oh. Hope you get it all worked out.

I cleaned mine today after I had a failure to eject on a heavy slug load.It had been close to 200 rounds since I last cleaned it and I wanted to see how long I could go before any problems. I noticed some wear on the finish of the bolt assembly that was not there the last time I cleaned it. I wonder if I had lubed it correctly or if I had run it too dry. I plan to clean it more often than I have just to make sure it functions 100%.

Back