• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

USMC_5711 said:
ehupp01 said:
My Zombie gun :D

Mossberg 930SPX
Sightmark Ultra Shot Z-Series Reflex Sight
AC Tact Single Point Sling Mount
Choate Combat Bolt Handle
Orion H20 Green Flashlight
Tacstar Side Saddle
Magpul Foregrip
Aimpro Tri Rail
Green Laser

At what distance did you zero your laser and reflex sight?

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 2 MB of RAM

Have not yet set either yet. Been to cold :) I am planing on 25' if I can.

I will be setting mine up similarly, and will post pics when it is done. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

IMG_8866.jpg

a6y2ubu2.jpg

atujyse5.jpg

utususeg.jpg

I will update with the higher resolution photos in a bit.

That is a Bobcat and Rhino rail system with a FAB Defense AFG and thumb rest with a Barska light/laser combo. Will be adding the reflex optic tonight.

Picked up a 10-shot 930 JM Pro #85118 a couple days ago. Of course, it's already sporting the signature Mossberg Owners decal...

It'll get a detail strip, clean, and Frog Lube tomorrow and I'll take it out for a trial run on Sunday morning. Can't wait to get out there and heat it up...

USMC_5711 said:
a6y2ubu2.jpg

atujyse5.jpg

utususeg.jpg

I will update with the higher resolution photos in a bit.

That is a Bobcat and Rhino rail system with a FAB Defense AFG and thumb rest with a Barska light/laser combo. Will be adding the reflex optic tonight.

Looks good. How closely would you say the Bobcat/ Rhino finish matches the factory matte finish of your 930? Mine, sadly, wasn't close enough for my tastes.

I'd say it was pretty close....at least enough for me to not notice....

Here are better pictures and a better description of the add-ons:

This is my Mossberg 930 JM Pro 12 gauge shotgun with an 8+1 capacity.

The rail system is the Rhino top rail and the Bobcat side and bottom rail from Elite Tactical Advantage.
The grip s are a PTK Ergonomic Pointing Grip & VTS Versatile Tactical Support from FAB Defense.
The light is a BARSKA Red Laser with 200 Lumen Flashlight.
Finally, the reflex optic is a TRUGLO Reflex Red Dot Sight Red and Green 4-Pattern Reticle.

The only other things I'd like to do to this is replace the charging handle and follower, and get a Mesa Tactical buttstock with pistol grip, as the length of this buttstock is juuuuuuuuust a bit too much.

2014-02-13%2019.15.30.jpg

2014-02-13%2019.14.35.jpg

2014-02-13%2019.15.16.jpg

I got the reflex optic from my dad, who picked it up at a local gun show for around $50, so I'm not going to be totally surprised if I put 100 rounds through the weapon and the glass falls out, as some of the reviews I found stated.

I don't see myself spending $400-500 on an Eotech, at least not anymore.
I can't imagine that there isn't a decent optics maker that has something out on the market that won't fall apart for $50-150.
I mean, its a shotgun for christ sake, I don't need 1 MOA accuracy at really any distance beyond 25 feet, and even that is a stretch.

USMC_5711, Very nice set up. If that dot craps out you might give primary arms a look. I have a couple that have held up great. The members over at arfcom turned me on to them. Prices aren't bad and they do have a warranty they stand by.

What about moving the AFG back a bit? That could go toward making things feel shorter. Just a thought.

I will check those out if/when this one falls apart on me.

The AFG is pretty much back as far as it can go now, and as I said, I'm really happy with the one-handed balance I have with that placement.

Once I get the Mesa Tactical buttstock with pistol grip I'm pretty sure it'll be just about perfect.

Sent from my California fondleslab

It has been a while since I posted anything Mossberg! I've been shooting a 24" 930 for a few years now and after a few configurations I've landed on the current setup as a solid 'do-all' approach.

12545198524_fe24647c8c_z.jpg

-Choate 8 +1 mag extension (how is the 24" JM Spcl. 24" mag shorter?!!?)
-Williams Fire Sights on the rail
-A rebuilt Tac Star side saddle AFTER it self destructed - the plastic shell holder separated from the aluminum base in competition and is now epoxied in place - generous Loctite on the receiver screws as well!
-next, open up the loading gate area and rear fore end

12544825373_52682f7997_z.jpg

A (not so great) look down the sights. The Fire Sights allow me to aim long slug shote while still keeping a very open sight picture for moving targets, steel etc.

12544671715_6018093100.jpg

An earlier attempt to defeat the ports to avoid being classed as an Open Class gun in 3 Gun. I've increased the gauge of steel now and it works. This is the 'educational' shot. Don't under estimate the power of a 2 3/4" 12 gauge shell!

This is not a show gun BUT it IS a great tool and kept clean and lubed it runs like a top!! :D

I only have 125 rounds so far down range but it's been 100% using federal flight control wad. I am not a fan of the pistol grip but Iam working around it. I still want the JM version like yours. One day maybe.

125 flawless rounds is definitely a good start.

Stop in to Palmetto State Armory every once in a while. Saw they had the model #85118 on sale for $599 a few weeks back. Of course it was after I bought mine for considerably more, but I got it here in town and I always like supporting local business when I can...

Back