• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Mossberg 930SPX w/ the usual modifications.

Gen II Mossberg 930 SPX - verified by date code through Mossberg.

Nordic Components bolt handle
Nordic Components follower
Nordic Components barrel clamp with Picatinny rail
Insight Technologies WX-150 light
Mil-spec M series sling with shell tube mounted GG&G sling adapter
Safariland 2 shell holder
Limbsaver recoil pad (not shown in photo)

Over 300 rounds, feed it a steady diet of Federal 00 Buck and Slugs. Zero stoppages, zero issues with this shotgun.

930010.jpg

930012.jpg

930009-1.jpg

Limbsaver mounted
DSC01228.jpg

Re: Mossberg 930SPX w/ the usual modifications.

Oh wow! Looks great! May be "usual" mods, but it looks great!

It does look good. Please explain how you attached the shell carrier to the forearm. It looks like a good mod to do.

I have my SPX set up almost identical to yours. I have a Mesa 6rd sidesaddle, CDM clamp with a rail on the right and a sling mount for the 2 point on the left. I also added a limbsaver in the hopes that I could get my wife to shoot it, but I found that I liked it better than the original pad.

tcecil88 said:
It does look good. Please explain how you attached the shell carrier to the forearm. It looks like a good mod to do.

I used mounting screws from Comp-tac. I had a few spare holster screws and the backing nut with the 3 spikes that the screws thread into. I had to dremel the backing nut screws entry point until it wouldn't hit the internals. It was a pain in the ass, and I'm sure there are easier ways to mount it I just used what I had on hand in the spur of the moment.

I mounted it in this manner because although the shells fit tight inside the carrier I didn't want the recoil to eject the shells onto the ground. The way it's mounted actually helps me bring the sights onto target quicker because my eyes pick up the mount and follow it straight to the sights. It's hard too explain but it works good for me.

Looks great! I still haven't decide if I want a single point sling or 2 point. I'm also considering putting a Magpul AFG on the Forearm

my 930 spx

i finally found a 930 spx to purchase, which i grabbed last week. its a 3rd gen, but my gas piston is black, not sure why i lightly scrubbed it to see if it was a different color, so it might be red and just faded. i've already ordered an aimpro rail with od green covers, a choate pistol grip since the urbino is still missing in action 3 years later and 6 months after they received the info needed from mossberg. i also ordered gg&g sling mounts and their follower. im trying to find a USA dealer that has s&j hardware 930 bayo mag extention kits and someone local to thread my barrel for a choke. once all my hardware is in, it will be getting duracoated tactical od green.

Re: my 930 spx

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum shooterfpga !!

Congrats on the new 930... ;)

I look forward to the pictures when you get her... ;)

shooterfpga said:
i finally found a 930 spx to purchase, which i grabbed last week. its a 3rd gen, but my gas piston is black, not sure why i lightly scrubbed it to see if it was a different color, so it might be red and just faded. i've already ordered an aimpro rail with od green covers, a choate pistol grip since the urbino is still missing in action 3 years later and 6 months after they received the info needed from mossberg. i also ordered gg&g sling mounts and their follower. im trying to find a USA dealer that has s&j hardware 930 bayo mag extention kits and someone local to thread my barrel for a choke. once all my hardware is in, it will be getting duracoated tactical od green.

Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds like its going to be a pretty sweet setup! Keep us updated!

usmc1963, i dont have pm permissions. to answer your question, i like the pistol grip it feels a lot better to shoulder. there were no issues swapping stocks, except that the pad screws were extremely tight to back out on the new pg stock.

the only other thing is it doesnt have a good cheek weld for me as the stock slopes lower.

but the grip on the rifle stock was not comfortable or natural for me, giving it a longer lop for me unless i crowded the receiver which was even more unnatural.

so these are what i found as the trade off between either stocks.

shooterfpga said:
usmc1963, i dont have pm permissions. to answer your question, i like the pistol grip it feels a lot better to shoulder. there were no issues swapping stocks, except that the pad screws were extremely tight to back out on the new pg stock.

the only other thing is it doesnt have a good cheek weld for me as the stock slopes lower.

but the grip on the rifle stock was not comfortable or natural for me, giving it a longer lop for me unless i crowded the receiver which was even more unnatural.

so these are what i found as the trade off between either stocks.

Thank you, not sure about the PM problem. Sorry, checked my settings. Should be able to receive PM from all members.

Back