• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Reviews...

Just found this site and am interested in either a 930 SPX or possibly a JM. I have a 590 that after 20 years the forend broke. Sent to Mossberg and they repaired it no charge, so I have had a great warranty experience with them. I would like to stay with Mossberg, but the reviews here have me thinking maybe I should look closer at FN. Would appreciate any thoughts on the current quality and reliability of the 930's, specifically SPX or JM. Thanks.

Howdy @AZDRYHEAT , welcome aboard.

Can't speak to any personal experience with an SPX, but my JM Pro has been flawless from day one. It eats anything I feed it without so much as a hiccup. I don't baby it at all and put no less than 250 rounds through it per range trip.

My 930 Tactical did have the low powered ammo sensitivity that seems to plague the shorter barreled 930's, but I added an OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tube and that solved the problem for me.

Also consider that for every negative post you read here on our forum there are untold numbers of 930 JM Pro and SPX owners out there who never experience the issues commonly posted here. More people initially sign up on forums like ours and post for help with problems than those who are out shooting with no issues.

Let us know if we can help in any way and keep us posted on what you decide...

Let me preface this with, I am not a shotgun guy by any stretch of the imagination.

Bought the 930 SPX - XS, my first shotgun and finally got out to shoot it today. After reading about some problems others have experienced here, I was a bit apprehensive. I replaced the follower and spacer tube with OR3GUN items in advance.

Went through about 90 rounds. A combination of Lellier & Bellot 2.75 - 4 Buck, Federal Premium 2.75 - 00 Buck, Winchester Ranger 2.75 - Segmented Slugs, Spartan - 00 Buck and Winchester Super X 3.00 - 00 Buck.

The SPX did not care for the low brass Spartan rounds but absolutely devoured everything else. It's very accurate, was able to hit milk jugs set up at 90yds or so consistently with slugs. I had a blast with the SPX today! Hoping she'll loosen up a bit as the round count goes up and acquire a taste for some low brass rounds.

Maybe I am a shotgun guy...:)

Somebody had a good time. I can see the smile on your face from here! :thumbsup:

Somebody had a good time. I can see the smile on your face from here! :thumbsup:

Oh yea, still grinning!

Very glad I have this shotgun!

original-4c612c70423d1fbfa4c1fc258b9e8e9b.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to update my review post a bit.

I had her out last Sunday have found that she'll shoot and cycle Remington low brass Game Loads, GL128s.

Slugs on an 8" plate at 100yds consistently too. I love this thing!

Back