• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Reviews...

Re: mossberg 930 questions

Looks like a good plan.

Post up some pics when you get a chance...

Considering a 930

I've been wanting a short shotgun for a while for clays and possibly bird hunting. My Dad has a an old 500 20ga for as long as I can remember so I've been looking for something similar to it. I do own a Remington 870 express 12ga with 28" barrel, but I think a 20ga would be better for long clay shooting sessions.

Today I was looking in walmart and found a 930 5-shot special purpose with the flash hider. I know it is a 12ga, but being an auto, I thought the recoil might be lessened and thought I would ask for your input on the matter.

It is a good feeling piece and it kinda goes with my 464 SPX.

Re: Considering a 930

Did it look like this one?

The buffer system takes a bit of the bite off compared to a pump, but it still thumps pretty good. I use this one for put'n slugs down range, so I can't comment on bustin clays with it...

I love my 930 (waterfowl model)

Clean it good out of the box and it should serve you well

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Did it look like this one?

The buffer system takes a bit of the bite off compared to a pump, but it still thumps pretty good. I use this one for put'n slugs down range, so I can't comment on bustin clays with it...

Yes, exactly like that. Price is $495. That a good deal?

Does it take enough bite off that you would consider putting 50 shells through it in a couple hours?

That is a pretty good deal, I wouldn't sleep on it.

I use the precision-fit limbsaver recoil pad on my 930 and put 90 full power slugs down range through the 930 in about an hour and a half on my last visit...

You're probably going to want a longer barrel for clays. I know I would. The longer barrel allows for a nicer, balanced swinging shotgun.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That is a pretty good deal, I wouldn't sleep on it.

I use the precision-fit limbsaver recoil pad on my 930 and put 90 full power slugs down range through the 930 in about an hour and a half on my last visit...

I'm going to have to sleep on it for a while I'm afraid. I've gotta get a little more money saved up. I picked up a used xbox for the girls and that ate a little toy money.

gmaster456 said:
You're probably going to want a longer barrel for clays. I know I would. The longer barrel allows for a nicer, balanced swinging shotgun.

Interesting point. I have a full length 870 Express Magnum already. I've been trying to buy a Winchester 1300 with the long barrel and then convert my 870 to the tatical gun, but the guy got wishy-washy on pricing when I showed interest.

salient 930 questions

so i noticed in this month ( well now last months) issue of recoil magazine the salient 930 was in their. I have no question that what they do makes the guns better, but i do have questions maybe some of you can help me.

they open the "loading area?magwell" area where the lifter is at, not sure if they cut it wider but they do make it longer, why ? it looks like they cut the "feed ramp" before the magazine tube almost completely out, i dont see how this is taking a step forward as they now have to make the lifter longer (and they do btw)

they also look like they round the edges around the loading area as well, how would this help out ?

do any of you feel the lifter being polished helps in any way with loading ?

Re: salient 930 questions

:lol: It's too bad OFM doesn't read our foum to see what members can do to make "their" shotguns even more awsome! If they marketed these type of improvements, they would have a whole new class of competion type SG's. Simple mods for the factory that would improve the entire line.

Paul

Yup, that would be nice.

Seems though that they're too busy 'zombifying' lever actions and putting Barrett muzzle brakes on everything from 500s to .17hmr rifles...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yup, that would be nice.

Seems though that they're too busy 'zombifying' lever actions and putting Barrett muzzle brakes on everything from 500s to .17hmr rifles...

i seen the 930 with the barret break... what a piece of crap, i did see the zombie 500 with the stock ( they do make a pistol grip version as well ) i like that 500 minus the zombie crap

Re: Mossberg 930 3-Gun Discussion...

My 930 waterfowl cut down to 22in with a Nordic +8
8da23f77d7f6c33863228cc4333abc44.jpg

Vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGXvaRj00OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENbrAwb477g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAzUksJWBg
Note to self, never use walmart bulk at a match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIz82e5ELA

930 spx elevator

Hello,

I noticed that when I am loading my shells into the magazine I always jam my thumb with the elevator. I have to load them with the edge of my thumb to avoid that. When I had my 590 it never happened. Is there any way to fix this?

Re: 930 spx elevator

You'll get used to it.

I used to jam my thumb in it a lot too. After enough reps you figure the best way to position your thumb.

Re: 930 spx elevator

Changing technique is the easiest solution. I've smoothed out the sharp edges on the lifter which seems to help a bit. Or do what 3 gun guys are doing and open up the loading port, similar to the Jerry Miculek version, and/or get the lifter welded to a one piece smooth ramp:

http://www.c-rums.com/Carriers.html

Back