• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Sights On 930 SPX Breacher?

Looking at the LPA's, and just wondering what options I have.
I believe they have a clamp on style sight? Don't know if it will work with the breacher muzzle, espeically with the heat shield.

Based upon a quick sight picture useing the bead, the gun patterns WAY to the right, so I definitely want some ghost rin type sights on it.

Re: Sights On 930 SPX Breacher?

Unfortunately with the 930 spx breacher barrel and heat shield there are not a lot of options when it comes to sights. I have not seen anyone put a ghost ring style sight on that combination.

Re: Sights On 930 SPX Breacher?

I have been thinking of buying a Mossberg with a Breacher barrel. I thought the breacher unscrewed like a choke tube. Is that not the case?

Replace stock sights?

I'm considering changing the front sight bead on the slug barrel with a fiber optic. The stock front .062" brass pin is a little hard for me to see.
P0001455.jpg

I can live with the rear sight although 2 more fiber dots would be better.
P0001456.jpg

I came up with Tru-glo and Hi-viz offering dovetail units.
Has anyone done this or similar? Not sure how they measure the dovetail. I came up with .375" overall width of the cut on the riffle, front sight. I can get a gunsmith to switch the front but want to order the right size.

Re: Replace stock sights?

Williams makes a set of Fire sights for the 500. More than likely will fit your 930 as the sights I believe are the same.
66370MOSS500SET.jpg

tcecil88 said:
Williams makes a set of Fire sights for the 500. More than likely will fit your 930 as the sights I believe are the same.
Yes they are the same. I called Williams to confirm it earlier this week. Would have ordered right from them but they were out of stock. I found them online and ordered today.
I'll post the results when they arrive.

Cool. Do you have the 930 Slugster or did you buy a Combo? I want to get some extra barrels for my 930 and wanted to know what you thought.

I purchased the "deer/waterfall combo", 28" VR barrel with a fiber optic front bead, no mid or rear and a 24" rifled with the Williams sights pictured above. The stock sights are hard to see, only shot one box of 5 though it and I'm going to wait for the fiber optic replacements to fool with adjustments.
So I don't really have much to say other than I like the 28". Also I'm new to shotguns so I'm feeling my way around these.
Fired a Mossberg 500, short 12G with a pistol grip today, ouch, but what a HD gun for for the money. Made me appreciate the much softer recoil experienced with 2 3/4 bird shot and my 28" VR on the auto loader :) .

The fire sights for the 500 definitely fit. The rear is a direct swap with a screw driver. There is a small set screw in the front dovetail (uses a .050" hex key), loosened that and the old front sight drove out easy with an aluminum punch. The replacement fit perfect and drove in nice with the same aluminum punch, didn't need to file anything. Tightened up the set screw and done. It's a nice set up and with the set screw I don't think it will come loose. Big difference, red in the front and 2 greens in the rear. Now I can go to the range and get them adjusted. Hope it's not too off, I may be able to get a bore sight and rough it in first.

I just (2011) bought a 930 Field/Deer combo, and the rifled slug barrel has Williams (not-fire) sights on it. Good sights. Easily changed if ya need the "fire". Mine are staying as is for now.

I bought a 500 rifled slug barrel in 2009 that came with the Firesights, and they are outstanding for their thing. Farther out you'd use the edges of your sights for more precision, (and the "fire" is moot) but closer in the fiber optic part of the FireSights are fast acquisition.

I love the 930, and the 500 both.

Something for the Blackwater owners.

I didn't buy it because it said Blackwater on the side. I bought it because it had XS Sights.

img2306k.jpg

XS 24/7 Tritium Stripe Front Sight Replacement. .400 Sight Height.

img2294c.jpg

Mossberg 930 SPB

XS 24/7 Tritium Stripe Front Sight
GG&G Aluminum Hi Vis, Tactile, Follower
GG&G Sling Loop Plate
TAG Single Point Sling
Nordic Components +2 Magazine Extention w/ +1Cap

A K.I.S.S. 930 built around known areas of reliability issues, weight and handling and rapid low light engagement using common, easily available batteries.

tcecil88 said:
66370MOSS500SET.jpg
Williams also makes the same sight that adapts to most common size rails. Have a look at their sight these are good multi purpose sight made by a small company that knows how to make sights!

Re: 930 thread pitch

The thread pitch is 5-40.

My Google-Fu is strong tonight. :lol:

Removing SPX front sight tower??

This may sound like an odd question but has anyone ever removed the front sight tower from their SPX barrel?

I picked up an extra SPX barrel a few months ago and I just can't get used to the elevated from sight on a shotgun. I much prefer the bead but I really like the finish on the SPX barrel vs. the 930 security barrel.

I've like to remove the tower and add a bead. It's probably just easier to buy a new barrel but I thought I would investigate first.

Re: Removing SPX front sight tower??

Hmmm... try a hammer! :D and maybe a chisle too.

Nah, I really dont know, but I bet if you get it off, the finish is different under the pedestal base.

Re: Removing SPX front sight tower??

Yeah no matter how you end up getting it off, you're gonna end up having to re-finish your barrel...

Back