• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Mossberg is shipping me a label to send the shotgun back to them, what sucks is Its pretty much broken in it just has a few hickups like the rails falling off and only accepting 5 rounds in the mag. Atleast theyre taking back to fix. Oh well i still have my 590a1 BW to stop neglecting.

Have Mossberg send you a few more screws. They will gratis.

Remove them all and loctite.

As far as the loading issue it's either too long of a mag spring or the follower is getting stick at the mag tube extension union, or a combination of both.

You can fix both easily.

Shipping it to Mossberg will result in a waste of your time as they will return it doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Thats what i thought but i dont know how to Fix the follower from sticking at the extension. I pulled the spring out and reassembled the shotgun and turned the shotgun over and back and it gets stuck once it reaches the extension. I dont know how to get it to travel the full length. I would rather not send it.

You need to use a fine file and chamfer the Mag tube to where it meets the extension.

Furthermore, polishing the follower may help as well.

So then i would chamfer the inner part of the magtube?

Yes. If you search this forum I believe there are pictures and instructions for doing such.

Believe me, take the time to learn your gun and what it needs and you will be rewarded with a smooth cycling reliable 930.

Mossberg really should have all this figured out by now.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to get a replacement hammer spring? Great gun. Shoots everything. But every so often I get a light primer hit. Happens with a varierty of ammo. Restricted part through Mossberg. Thanks.

Welcome aboard.

I'd suggest you call Mossberg parts & service directly and ask for a replacement...

(800) 363-3555

If you want even a higher power hammer spring, many are using the Hammer Spring Wolff sells for the Ruger 10-22. It fits perfect and hits harder.

Found the problem, the forend would only let the x tube tighten down for 4 threads. It needed two more, I read someone here say they shaved it down alittle to allow the tube to tighten all the way. I did it, now it takes all 7 rounds. I guess the follower was binding on the threads, got a daves follower. I think that's the name. It works Perfect now thanks to this forum . Not bad for breaking in with federal birdshot and fixing it myself. It was a headache though

Last edited:
Found the problem, the forend would only let the x tube tighten down for 4 threads. It needed two more, I read someone here say they shaved it down alittle to allow the tube to tighten all the way. I did it, now it takes all 7 rounds. I guess the follower was binding on the threads, got a daves follower. I think that's the name. It works Perfect now thanks to this forum . Not bad for breaking in with federal birdshot and fixing it myself. It was a headache though

Nicely done Sir.

Good to see you've got it running as it should...

I went skeet shooting today with a friend of mine. We were shooting through the stations pretty quickly. I guess the ambient temperature and he heated barrel, the red fiber on my JM series barrel disappeared :mad:

I found a very inexpensive solution (In my case anyway). I used weed-eater string (.150" diameter). I found that I had to twist it into the site housing. I sniped the ends off with a pair of flush cut snips and whallah, a new fiber front sight. Time will tell if this will be the fix I think it is.

IMAG0736.jpg IMAG0737.jpg

Slightly different problem than the others I have read in the last 58 pages. Double feed and dropping shells out the bottom when releasing bolt.

Hi fellow Mossberg owners. I have read through every page of this forum, and others as well, but this is the best. I havent seen the exact problem that I have yet, although several are similar.

Back