• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Nope....didn't work. To make things worse the spring got all messed up inside the tube so now that needs to be replaced. Just gonna try to sell it.

New Member here. Purchased a 930 SPX about a month ago. I cleaned it before firing. Every 5 or so rounds fails to chamber. The shells start into the chamber but hang up on the right side of the chamber at the notched area for the extractor. That edge is very sharp. Chambered but unfired shells all have plastic sliced off the crimped end of the shell that line up with the extractor notch, with pieces of plastic being deposited into the notch as well. I was using Federal premium 2 3/4 buckshot and slugs. I sent the gun back to Mossberg three weeks ago and am waiting on repair. Has anyone else had this issue? I did not see any posts on this.
Thanks

New Member here. Purchased a 930 SPX about a month ago. I cleaned it before firing. Every 5 or so rounds fails to chamber. The shells start into the chamber but hang up on the right side of the chamber at the notched area for the extractor. That edge is very sharp. Chambered but unfired shells all have plastic sliced off the crimped end of the shell that line up with the extractor notch, with pieces of plastic being deposited into the notch as well. I was using Federal premium 2 3/4 buckshot and slugs. I sent the gun back to Mossberg three weeks ago and am waiting on repair. Has anyone else had this issue? I did not see any posts on this.
Thanks
Let us know how it works out for you when you get it back and welcome to the forum.

Let us know how it works out for you when you get it back and welcome to the forum.

Got the back today from Mossberg after a month wait. They replaced the barrel, magazine, magazine spring, and test fired.
I fired it myself, about 25 round of mixed shells with no failures. I now have a different problem. The magazine will only hold 5 rounds. I unscrewed the extension and the theaded end of the tube is very uneven, the metal at the end is so thin one side of it is rolled over leaving a very uneven surface. This is not just a rough edge that can be smoothed out, and I see no way this extension and magazine will ever mate properly. The machining on it is extremely poor. The only this I can figure when Mossberg test fired it they did not fully load the tube. They should have visually noted the bad threaded end. Very disappointing.

I have shot about 25 rounds through my 930. I did my first field strip and noticed a seam or crack and I was wondering if this is normal or a flaw. I contacted Mossberg by email and haven't heard anything. Can someone help this new 930 owner please
52150fefe201689afbebc2dc7bb57780.jpg

I have shot about 25 rounds through my 930. I did my first field strip and noticed a seam or crack and I was wondering if this is normal or a flaw. I contacted Mossberg by email and haven't heard anything. Can someone help this new 930 owner please

Did you use the "contact us" link on their web page? If so, it's pretty much useless and I don't know why they still have it up on the site.
We have a contact at Mossberg that should be able to help...
Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Mr. Zakher has helped countless members here resolve their issues. He takes customer service very seriously and will do what he can to get you back up and running asap...

@ Lazy Eyed Sniper
Lol. I have used the (contact us) link and used it but no contact back. Lol Thanks i will us the link you provided. Oh love your profile name. Got to get me a cooler one. Lmao.

Did you use the "contact us" link on their web page? If so, it's pretty much useless and I don't know why they still have it up on the site.
We have a contact at Mossberg that should be able to help...
Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Mr. Zakher has helped countless members here resolve their issues. He takes customer service very seriously and will do what he can to get you back up and running asap...
Thank you.

Morning guys!!
I hope this is the right place to ask... I have a JM Pro 930. I use it for slug competitions here in the UK. When new I had a 'light strike' problem but that was cured by fitting a different hammer spring (10/22?). I have recently had the odd, (3 rounds out of 50), 'hammer follow' problem ending up with a breach load of cartridges when trying to clear/recock!!
I cleaned yesterday and found a load of course unburnt powder, but was this the cause?
The ammo is full load so no pussy, girly stuff!! I do keep all bearing surfaces lubed so not running dry.
Should I resort to original hammer spring?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
JohnG
Cornwall

i have a mossberg 930 with the breaching flash hider purchased from wal-mart i installed a nordic +2 extension but i havent been able to get it to function correctly yet. does anyone know what the length of the nordic spring should be cut to? i think my issues might be from a too long spring.

Howdy Mr. Cross,

I have the same set-up, 930 Tactical with a Nordic +2. Nordic suggests cutting the spring anywhere between 10-16" past the end of the extension. I started at 16" past, tested the tension by loading, and then cut a coil or two at a time until I could load to full capacity.

The overall length you need will vary from one shotgun to the next based on the specific spring tension, your ammo selection, etc. There's no one length the will work across the board...

Serious help needed with Mossberg 930 28". Ever since day one with this shotgun I've been periodically experiencing failure to extract issues. The spent shell gets lodged in the chamber and requires a rod to force the spent shell out of the chamber. After inspecting the shell I notice that it looks like the extractor rips a piece of metal off of metal rim of the shell. This happens with all sorts of loads from all sorts of manufacturers (Remington, federal, Winchester, herters). I contacted Mossberg and they had me ship the shotgun back for evaluation. They had it for about 3 weeks and when I got it back I took it out for a round of sporting clays. The first round went fine, got it back home cleaned it out and 4 days later I took it out for another round and at the last station the problem surfaced again.

I plan on contacting Mossberg again in hopes of getting the issue resolved once and for all. I wanted to post here to see if anyone has experienced this issue and for any advice.

I had this very issue with the cheapest of the cheap Winchester Dove & Quail loads. Switched to a different brand and that issue went away. If you are experiencing this over multiple brands / loads, you may want to check the gas system.

Back