• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Combat Sling Mounts

Misery930

.270 WIN
Grovtec non-detachable sling mounts. GTSW-76. It comes with a 7/8" machine screw that I mounted to the stock and a 3/4" wood screw that I put in the handguard. I had to saw 1/4" off of the wood screw so it didn't stick up through the handguard and drill a hole in the stock for the machine screw. I suggest drilling the hole in the upper half of the stock. I drilled it a bit lower on my 870 than I did on the 930 and there is a difference in how they hang. The 870 (lower hole) seems to want to flip over and go ejection port up if I let it hang freely. The 930 has the hole drilled about 1" higher on the stock and rests against my chest. There is a such a difference between the two (despite being only 1" apart) that I have considered drilling another hole in the 870's stock and moving it up an inch. I would just need to patch the old hole. The machine screw has a steel nut that threads on from the other side and secures it in place. It is still free to rotate with the nut hand tightened but it will not spin around and get your sling tangled. I use these on both of my shotguns and it hasn't rotated more than 45 degrees at any point.

MidwayUSA sells this set for $4.99 and I believe it's well worth it even if you only use the rear mount. I had previously used GG&G and Midwest Industries mounts that go on between the stock and receiver but I like these a lot better. When I tried to use a two point with those mounts, the sling was in my face when I shoulder the shotgun. The rear mount is much closer to your shoulder like this so it just goes over your shoulder and doesn't get in the way. There's also the cost. These cost $5 for the set and a few minutes of your time to drill a hole and the GG&G mount costs nearly $30.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...t-swivel-rear-screw-swivel-stud-1-steel-black

Last edited:
This is how the shotgun hangs with these mounts installed. I could go hands free and it would be in the same position, ready to be shouldered.

Last edited:
This is how the shotgun hangs with these mounts installed. I could go hands free and it would be in the same position, ready to be shouldered.
Looks like it'd help a bit with "load bearing", an issue for me sometimes and my smaller Bride, always.

It helps a lot. I've flipped it around and carried it muzzle up on my back a few times to do stuff while wearing it. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to move one sling mount to the side.

Back