• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Models

RAMBO

FELLOWS,CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE DIFFERANCE IF ANY???

MOSSBERG, 930, 930SPX AND THE 930SPX BLACKWATER EDITION.

THANKS

Barrel (SPX has an expertly canted front sight), stock (Blackwater has a pistol grip. SPX has a traditional buttstock), magazine extension (930 has a shorter magazine).

Posted this in your intro thread...

The actions and operation are all the same between the three models you listed. The SPX is a shorter 18" barreled "tactical" shotgun with a 7+1 shell capacity designed with law enforcement in mind. The Blackwater edition is an SPX with a few different bells and whistles, Blackwater logo, slightly different sights, stock, etc. It's the same shotgun in a different dress. These models have been better in recent history, but have been plagued with function and quality control issues from the start.

The basic 930 is set up for field use. These have longer field barrels, basic bead sights, a 4+1 shell capacity, and have a reputation for being far more reliable than the tactical models. There is a 930 Field/Security Combo out there that in my opinion offers the most bang for the buck...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76743/Mossberg 930C 12 18CB28VR ACCM SYN

This model comes with a 28" vent rib barrel with their Accu-set chokes as well as an 18" security barrel for home defense. It's a great deal for all that comes in the package and covers the span of what one might need a shotgun for...

I hated the Blackwater shotguns. The logo on the side of the gun, the XS sights were crap compared to the LPA sights on my SPX and the Choate pistol grip stock is horrific. It's like Choate designs their products with the intention of making them as ugly and uncomfortable as possible.

Back