• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 SPX BW Issues Help Required

Mossberg has had my SPX 3x now. They have been replacing parts then firing 8-12 rounds then sending it back. When I get it it still doesn't work. I'm pretty much over it if it doesn't work now.

I have been blessed , have (4) Mossbergs and they all have run very well . Had a couple minor issues , but never anything I couldn't handle . I sure don't want to have to send them a whole gun back for repairs !

I have had fantastic results with the 3 inch Federal Premium Truball Rifled 1 oz. They run great thru my 930 SPX. I have to say I have had great results with this gun. Running OR3GUN's "Follower" with a Wolff spring as well.

******UPDATE******
First, I'd like to say... "WHITEY" I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! If ever you're in Illinois I'm buying drinks and dinner!!! THE WOLFF SPRING SEAMS TO HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

As some of you know, I've had issues with this gun out of the box day one. After almost $140 in extra parts bought for this gun and three trips to the range only to have the same FTE,FTL, Double feed issues... I had given up and told Mossberg I was sending the gun in for repair this week. Then I looked back at "Whiteys" post and the luck he had with the Wolff Spring, I'm no stranger to Wolff as I run their springs in my Glocks. I ordered the Wolff Spring from Midway USA Part # 65165 Tubular magazine Spring Extra Power will cost you $6. I just got it and I installed it tonight, cut it to 32 inches and ran over to the local range to test fire at 8:20pm and they close at 9pm. Please know that in three trips to the range this gun has never come close to clearing an entire magazine without some kind of an issue!!!! Well tonight, that changed .. I sent 23 rounds(7+1,7+1, 6+1 3 inch shells) down range (all slugs 1200fps Remington and Federal 2 3/4 inch shells/ Winchester Super X 1700fps 3 inch shells AND NOT ONE FTE, FTL or Double feed from tray!!!!!! FYI, I took ALL of my spare parts off the gun and restored it to stock factory condition, swapped factory spring out for the Wolff and problem seems to be solved. This gun rocked tonight, finally got to enjoy it without one issue! So much fun to shoot it when it works as it should.... Just be ready for the Winchester Super X 1700fps 3 inch shells...they kick like a mule!! Not sure if I should send back to Mossberg , I hate shipping my guns anywhere! I will continue testing until I'm completely comfortable with this gun, and its ready forbear defense, however does feel good to be on the right track. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Last edited:
LOL. Glad to hear you got it to cooperate finally. it's a bad a$$ gun no doubt. I love mine, blows the chit out of anything standing in front of it. Just something about emptying a magazine of 6 slugs in a matter of a couple seconds.

LOL. Glad to hear you got it to cooperate finally. it's a bad a$$ gun no doubt. I love mine, blows the chit out of anything standing in front of it. Just something about emptying a magazine of 6 slugs in a matter of a couple seconds.

Yes, seems to be figured out, tonight I got the Anti-tilt follower and installed that and everything seams to still be working fine. Going to keep testing , I plan to shoot it a few more times over the next few weeks without any cleaning just to see if I have any issues. I'll post back here. But for now, I so glad she is acting like the gun I always new she was. Thanks again!!!

Here is the part number for the Boron Nitride (Pro Series) magazine tube from Mossberg:

16801BN MAGTUBE 930/935,BORON-NITRIDE

They were about $35.00 at last check.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Thanks William! I appreciate all your help as well, you've been a solid guy to deal with it. Once Mossberg found out that my problem was fixed, they sent me a brand new tube and my gun was out of warranty, very appreciative of Mossberg and their Customer Support Team. I'm still testing, not a 100% comfortable with the gun yet, but so far 90 slugs down range and not one problem ... and I refuse to clean it until I'm satisfied!!!

Being that I prefer to shoot slugs out of this gun, sometime in the near future I'll have to shoot some lighter game loads to see how she does! I'll update later!

Back