• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 SPX; Some 2.75" 00 Buck ammo

RDub

.22LR
Hello

I have some more 12ga 00 buck rounds to test for velocity and pattern in the Mossberg SPX.

Remington #12SB00 12 Pellet 00 Buck
Remington RL12BK00 Managed Recoil 8 Pellets 00 Buck
Winchester XB1200 9 Pellet 00 Buck
And, an Aguila shorty; 7x#4 Bk, 4x#1 Bk at 7 yards.

DSC02993-sized.jpg

DSC02994-sized.jpg

DSC02991-sized.jpg

So again, two round were shot with each brand, except the Aguila.. One at seven yards, (21 feet) and the second at fourteen yards, (42 feet). The 7 yard pattern is on top and the 14 yard pattern on the bottom.

Velocity data was taken with an Oehler model 33. Screens centered at 10 feet from the muzzle.

The Remington Mag 12 00 Bk was a little disappointing with pattern, only 8 of the 12 were in the 12” circle at 14 yards. Velocity was fairly consistent though. Advertised velocity of 1290 fps.

REM-Mag-12-00-sized.jpg

Now the Remington Managed Recoil 8 Pellet 00 Bk did provide a very nice pattern, and the ammo definitely did produce less recoil. Only problem is… The rounds failed to eject in the SPX.. :thumbsdown: Uh Oh.. This is actually the first time this gun failed to cycle…
Looks like this ammo is a pump gun affair only.
Velocity was very consistent and was very close to the advertised velocity is 1200 fps.

REM-M-R-8-00-sized.jpg

The Winchester 9 Pellet 00 patterned pretty well at both ranges, very happy to see that.
Velocity wasn’t very consistent though, and it was quite a ways off the advertised velocity of 1330 fps. Just goes to show how much velocity we lose in shorter barrels. Overall though, not a bad round.

WIN-9-00-sized.jpg

Last is the little Aguila round. A guy at work gave me one of these to test, if nothing else just to see how fast it went. I shot this round out of a Remington 870 Wingmaster with an 18” cylinder bore. 1147 fps isn’t bad for this little short guy. Pattern was a little rough for 7 yards, but for up close and personal, it will work.
Circle is 12”.

DSC02995-sized.jpg

That’s all for now. I have some more ammo coming in. I’ll post when that is finished.

Last edited:
Very grateful that you've been doing so much testing with your gun and sharing the results with us.

Back