• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 935 Magnum Autoloader Troubleshooting...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg 935 magnum autoloader; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

I have a 935 magnum, which I use to shoot foxes.

I have had the 'operating handle' or cocking leaver fall out several times whilst shooting, and twice I have not found them in the bush. ( shooting at night )

The first time it was replaced by the gunsmith. This time the dealer in the UK does not have stock. Waiting 8 weeks for a replacement. This means the gun can not be used!

I am shooting 50g BB shot.

Any advice and help, both on getting it fixed, and on getting the part sent to the UK!!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum verytricky !!

When you find the time, please stop by the New Members Welcome Area and introduce yourself to our community !! ;)

Can't help you to much as far as getting your hands on one, but when you do the part I'd pick up some Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242.

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.

Here are 3 of Mossberg's International Dealers for you to contact:

united kingdom
deben group
441 3943 87 762
FX: 441 3943 80 373

united kingdom
york guns
ph: 44 1904 487190
FX: 44 1904 487 195

united kingdom
the saddlery and gun room
ph: 44 195 957 3089
FX: 44 195b 957 5590
EM: hushpower@ic24.net

Was there ever a solution to this one? The operating handle just pushes in to the Bolt and Slide Assembly. There are no screws etc., just tension holding it in place. My guess is the plunger assembly (part of the slide assembly) wasn't fully engaging. Probably needed to be disassembled and cleaned/inspected. But I was just curious if an exact issue was identified. Thanks.

Paul

I have a Mossberg 935 that has been out of service since the middle of December. The return spring tube in the stock broke at the threads going into the receiver and I cannot find a parts source. I have emailed Mossbergs customer service twice in the last 6 weeks without a reply even though I included my name, home phone number, cell phone number, and email address. I have been a loyal mossberg customer for years but I will go elsewhere if this is the type of treatment I am going to receive. I cannot just order the parts because the diagram I have does not list a part number for the tube and no one will return my messages so I might get one and order the part. I tiried to attach a pic of the tube and receiver, but it says the file is too big...............can someone please help me

problem

my mossberg 935 i just bought 3 weeks ago. when i go to shoot a 3 inch round out of it, the shell ejector will go so far up it gets caught on top of the release button on the inside. and its almost every 3 inch round. and goose season is around the corner. i think i need a new trigger group. can anyone help before i send it in.

Re: problem

Have you gotten to the bottom of your issue yet?
Have you tried stripping your 935 down and giving it a thorough inspection and cleaning?
Does it shoot 3.5" shells okay? Have you tried other brands of 3"?

mossberg 935 help needed

i have the mossberg 935 and i bought it used in febuary but havent been able to shoot it till this weekend geese just came in well 1 shot gun jammed and this is what happened..Can this be fixed or do i need a new barrel? Thanks for your help

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,497
Re: mossberg 935 help needed

That's a pretty big failure I think I would.contact mossberg even though you bought it used just to see what they say. I have never seen a barrel fail like that.

If that route does not get you anywhere then I would look for a competant gunsmith. I don't know what is involved with repairing that so I cannot venture a guess. It might be an easy repair or it might be toast

Hopefully someone else can offer more info on this

Sent from my G19 using Tapatalk 2

Hi could someone assist please.
I have dismantled the barrell (sorry still learning the correct gun techo speak) on my 935 and removed the gas seal rings to clean insite and also undone the nut on the other side to remove the recoil spring?, in behind this was another seal ring with a chamfer on one side. Should this be there it doesent seem to sit nicely on reassembly and what a job it is getting that spring and nut back on.
I doesnt show separate parts for this in the owners manual so I guess it should not be removed.
Attached are some photos to explain, you can see in the first photo that the seal ring is skewed.

Attachments

• 20121128_191445.jpg
    20121128_191445.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 20121128_191204.jpg
    20121128_191204.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,363
that spring does look pushed to one side . you mite have to pull it back out and try turning the spring and then tightening the retaining nut back down (hard job to do) and see how it looks then . i pulled mine out once and after over an hour of struggling and lots of *%$#@ <--- thoes kind of words it went back together so , that will be the last time i do that lol . take care when threading the ring back in as it can cross thread easily since it does take alot of preassure to get to the threads .
hope this helped some ..

anyone ever break the link before? and whats going on with the forearm retainers? there all breaking. gun is too powerful for itself!

FYI, you're not supposed to remove the gas plug nut. Noticed you can't order one an they don't have it listed in the manual under the parts breakdown. I marred mine up pretty good last night and now I have to send it back to Mossberg to have them fix it.

Have any of y'all had the sling stud break free from the magazine cap? Mossberg has already replaced the cap... I am just trying to find out if this is a common problem?

Other than that issue, it has been a really nice turkey killer. Recoil is manageable and using 3-1/2" Winchester XR #5s, I am getting around 100 pellets in the kill zone at 35 yards.

cCufGXR.jpg

25 lbs, 11" beard & 1-1/8" spurs.
NspB82b.jpg

Wow, nice work! I've not heard of a screw breaking off before, but I had a similar issue with a sling swivel being pulled at a 90* angle relative to how it was mounted. I know that's how the cap is designed and one would think its solid. This is in fact the first I've heard of it. Hopefully a fluke and one time deal.

Hello everyone,

I have read a lot of good information that has been very helpful so far, but I have been having several issues with my 935. I am trying to build it for 3 gun, but it has been so unreliable that I dont know now.

I recently installed a Nordic Components MXT +6 magazine tube (10 total in the mag). I trimmed the spring to about 12 inches of overhang, but it wouldn't reliably load from the magazine at all with the 10 shells (2 3/4) in the tube. It feeds 8 from the tube just fine (sometimes) and other times it will just dump 2 or even 3 shells right behind each other into the lifter area creating a shell to shell jam in the lifter.

I read that sanding the shell stop lip helped with loading from the tube, so I sanded and polished it until it was smooth with no sharp corners and it still didn't feed 10+ shells into the shell lifter.

It seems as if there is too much pressure from the spring on the shell stop and the way the stop is integral with the bolt release button, it doesn't look like it has enough leverage to move the shell stop out of the way of the shell's rim. So I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to possibly get this thing to work the right way before I send it back to Mossberg.

Thanks for any help guys!

Back