• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg accu choke

bombacejohn

Copper BB
New to shotguns. I have a mossberg 195a with accu choke. Not sure how settings work. Can't read settings worn off. I want to shoot slugs. If I have it screwed down tightly IS it okay to shoot slugs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

New to shotguns. I have a mossberg 195a with accu choke. Not sure how settings work. Can't read settings worn off. I want to shoot slugs. If I have it screwed down tightly IS it okay to shoot slugs?

Are you asking about the C-Lect adjustable choke?

Last edited:
Yes please

I tried to find something on the web but you may have to contact Mossberg and ask about the C-Lect Choke. Someone there should know how to adjust it. if there is a little metal plate on the choke it will have the chokes available stamped on it. If the choke is screwed backwards (Clockwise looking down the tube) all the way it will cover that plate. If it is screwed toward the butt all the way, it is at full or a little tighter, choke. All the way out, about 4 turns, is Improved cylinder or cylinder. BUT, Check with Mossberg for instructions. I use a Poly Choke now, and a Tru Glo Choke. Both adjustable but not the same as C-Lect choke settings.

From Mossberg Site:

"Discontinued Models: For owner’s manual copies of models not mentioned below, please contact: National Mossberg Collectors Association.

You can also receive free printed owner’s manuals by U.S. Mail. Please request one by calling (800) 363-3555."

Here's a place that has the choke plate for sale: https://www.hogislandgunparts.com/Mossberg-C-lect-Choke-Index-Plate-and-Front-Sight-p/mg-355-88l.htm

There's a picture of the plate at that link.

As hombre243 said, screwed all the way in is full choke. That will work for Foster slugs, but more open would be better.

I'm sure full choke and slugs don't do well together. I/C and Cylinder are recommended. PawPaw, I like the idea of recommending the plate. That will solve the problem of settings.

Back