• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg ATR 100 Bolt Disassembly

RangerTim

Copper BB
Hey guys, just picked up my ATR 100 the other day and although I am happy with it so far, I was wondering if there was a way to disassemble the bolt so that I can thoroughly clean it and try and smooth the action up a bit.

That EHow page only says how to remove the bolt from the rifle...I already know how to do that haha. I'm asking how to disassemble the bolt.

Hello RangerTim,

Your bolt can be fully disassembled by removing the bolt head assembly pin from the bolt body assembly. This will allow the firing pin assembly and the bolt head to be removed from the bolt body assembly. The bolt head can be further disassembled by removing the ejector pin. When disassembling the bolt head, care should be taken not to lose the ejector and extractor, their springs or the extractor detent ball. If you have your owner's manual you can refer to Page 13 for an exploded parts diagram. If not you can view, print, or download one here...

Owner's Manual: Mossberg 100 ATR Bolt Action Rifle

Back