• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Re: Customer Service

Welcome aboard!

The only contact info we have here is what you have found on their website. What I will suggest is calling back into their CS department and request to speak with Javier Contreras. He is a CS supervisor and has been an asset to many of us here on the forum.

In the meantime, is there anything we can help with or any other questions we can answer?

I'm not sure if you can help but I originally contacted them via the "Contact Us" link on the website about some general info and assistance. I asked them why the 930 All Purpose Field model that I just purchased doesn't have any sling swivel mounts. I looked in my owners manual and the sling mounts are listed on the inventory so it made me ask WHY?? If you look on the website at the 930 series they are shown on all the models except the all purpose model. Now I'm really asking WHY??? It's probably the heaviest and longest shotgun the make!! It makes no sense to me! I asked where i could get some since everything I find online seems to be for the SPX model or I would have to drill my stock to install one. Long story short Norma the CS rep emailed me and said she was going to send me a replacement forearm with a QD or something like that so I wasn't going to refuse free parts but she mentioned nothing about a mount on the stock. All this was at the beginning of September and I emailed several times and also talked to Etna, and Erica and they all were "gonna call back" and none of them ever did. Basically I don't need the sling mounts because there are other options but the extremely poor customer service has got me very irritated especially after reading so many horror stories about there CS on line. Do you know why there aren't any installed on my 930 model? Any info to enlighten me would be great. Thanks

To be honest, I don't think any of us could come up with a reason they shipped your 930 without sling swivel mounts other than the same reason they ship some 715t models with no sights and a growing list of SPX models with canted front sights and crooked mag extensions. To put it lightly, their factory QC leaves a lot to be desired.

I completely understand your frustration, but would again suggest contacting CS supervisor Javier Contreras. He will make sure you get taken care of...

Thanks for your reply. I've read quite a bit of reviews regarding the SPX issues. I believe that those mag extensions are made by Choate. One of the reasons I bought a Nordic +5 for mine which looks and works wonderful. Yeah it's not that they shipped my 930 without sling swivel mounts it that there not even a feature on the 930 All purpose model. Makes no sense to have them standard on all 930 models except the all purpose one.

Gotcha!

In that case I would definitely suggest putting your thoughts and frustration in a letter for Dan. He's compiling information on our issues to share with Mossberg...

Well I will be meeting with all the "higher ups" this coming January so if you have letters I will personally deliver them.

Welcome from MI!!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Mossberg CS. Unfortunately that seems to be an issue with them.

I emailed them a while back concerning a part# and price for a fore end. Took them about a week, but they emailed me back with the info. If I had a more complicated issue I could just imagine the drama and hassle over it.

If a member is helpful enough or has a good idea worth a gold star in your book, or is just an all around positive individual then you can give them a positive rep point. The same applies for the opposite, but we haven't had to use the negative rep button too often. The points accumulate under your avatar.

A positive rep point to you for the great question.

Now if you click on the green box under your avatar and info, a screen will pop up listing your reputation points.

Signed up after running into this thread.
Bought a new Mossberg 590A1 after doing research on how this is the best since the military uses it. Well, after getting took it to the range and after ~75 shells it stopped feeding shells from mag tube into chamber.
Called up customer service and they advised that it was probably the interruptor and they send that out with the stop also. Received them and replaced them with the same outcome. Called them up and they send me a label to send it back to them. Send it to them and 1.5 weeks later called to see status of it. I was given a fedex tracking # and I was told that they replaced the interruptor and stop and they shot 20 shells and everything was working correctly. Uhmm, I did the same thing and the same outcome. Anyways, let it be and waited for the sotgun to come.
After it came, I gave it a try and fed couple of shells. To my amazement the shotgun does the same thing as it was send out. Called them to complain and had them give me a 2nd label to ship it back. How in the hell can they send out a non-working shotgun and claim to work 100% without checking it first?!
This has to be the most horrible experience ever buying anything... So much for buying something that is "reliable".

Well, hopefully I can provide a positive report soon. I just purchased a Mossberg Thunder Ranch version and after I got it home noticed surface rust on the mag tube and most of it seems to be appearing through the matte finish. The shop I purchased from did not have any others in stock to exchange. I emailed Mossberg this weekend and received a reply today. They are sending me a shipping label and stated they will either repair or replace the part or the whole gun. I should have a shipping label in 4-5 days and will send the gun off. I have not shot it yet so hopefully this is the only issue. So far they have been very polite and responsive.

Customer Service

Wow Edna, I called Eagel Pass tody to see if they had received my 930 for repair. They said they were five days behind in logging in shipments. They are not going to make you work over the holidays, are they? I was so depressed that I went out and bought another Model 500.

*Update*

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday.

As promised from Mossberg, I received a FedEx shipping label within 5 days. It arrived on Christmas Eve. The gun will go out on 26Dec12. I also sent a reply email to the customer rep who has been working with me sending him pics of the rust on the magazine tube and the weird whitish line running down the inside corner of the right rear aspect of the receiver. Hopefully, all will be fixed or replaced and I'll have my gun back soon...

Back