• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

I'm still waiting on FedEx to pick up the gun, but I have already received a reply from Mossberg regarding the email I sent last night. They basically, said that the gun will go to a Tech and the barrel and mag tube will be replaced. Turnaround time is quoted at 10-15 days. So far Mossberg is doing good.

Quick update:

My gun should arrive tomorrow. While it is there I will pay to have a metal trigger assembly installed. It's actually a little cheeper than going through Brownells even with my discount. Mossberg did state they were going to replace both the barrel and the magazine tube. There was only rust on the tube that I could tell. When I did clean the gun, I did notice the same rust colored film that I have read other posts on this form describe on some of the patches I ran through the barrel, but it cleaned out. Since they are going to replace both parts I have asked if they would replace with the cap style mag tube and barrel (Just like the ones on the special purpose series with the same stand-off barrel). We'll see, can't hurt to ask right? Anyway, my experiences so far with their customer service has been very pleasant and I have always received a reply well within 24 hours. So far they are doing very good in my opinion and I have told them so.

Negative experience with service, hope it gets better >>>

As you know in my other post I contacted Mossberg Customer Service letting them know I need to return my NEW rifle for repairs. That was on Wednesday January 3, 2013. The person I spoke to said that I would be receiving a FEDEX label in the next day or 2. I waited. Nothing. So the following Monday I called. I told them that I still have not received the FEDEX label. Again the person said that I would get it by the end of the day. I waited. Nothing. I went to their website and used their Contact page to leave them a message again stating the problem, etc. The next day Tuesday I called again around 8am EST and the same person said that he would call me back within 20 minutes. I waited. Nothing. I called again in the afternoon and left a voicemail message stating my problem and that I was still waiting for a FEDEX label. I waited. Nothing. By now you would be very disappointed as I was as I was never contacted back. I know they are busy, but do they not have a system to document and capture calls, emails, etc. if not, they need to get something such as http://www.issuetrak.com. Well on Wednesday I called again at around 8am EST and the same person answered the phone, he remembered me. I told him that I still did not receive the FEDEX label. He told me to hold and to check my email. SUCCESS !!! Finally it was there !!! Now I need to box it up and send it in. I hope that this experience is not indicative of the service that people receive or how my new rifle will be repaired. I guess we will see. Sorry for the rant. :D

I think Mossberg is pretty busy right now. My gun shipped on 26Dec12, arrived the first week of Jan'13 and is still there. But, I have been receiving email replies or updates regularly. The last email I received stated to give them until next week to provide a status on either how much longer my gun will be there or that it is on its way back. I hate having to send anything back to any company and wait, but at least Mossberg has been very good with their responses and help.

Good to see they're keeping the communication going.

Thanks for the update and keep us posted on your progress...

Earlier this week I received a response from Mossberg. My gun is done and on its way back. Tracking number received. They replaced the barrel, magazine tube and installed an aluminum trigger housing. The trigger housing I paid for which was $70. The gun should be home either this weekend or early next week. They are also sending me back my old, plastic trigger housing which I requested. Total turn around time is just under a month. A little less than desirable, but understandable given the current political climate and run on gun sales.

That's good news.

...considering the aftermarket aluminum trigger group from Brownells runs about $100. Keep us posted once you get it back. We're lookin forward to the range report...

Thanks, I plan on doing a detailed review and range report. It will be nice to finally shoot this thing.

*Update*

Today my Mossberg Thunder Ranch 500 arrived as promised. I am very pleased. I am going to perform a detail strip, clean and re-oil (Not needed but want to anyway). The gun arrived in a new box with the barrel separately packaged within the same box. It does have a new barrel, magazine tube and what appears to be a new forearm as well. I had the trigger assembly changed to an aluminum one, which is a lot nicer. There is a slight noticeable weight increase, but this is minimal. The gun also came with another new lock and manual. Additionally, I had removed the forward sling attachment prior to shipping, thinking it might get lost during repairs. Sure enough, a new one was attached upon the guns return. They also packaged up my old plastic trigger assembly which I had requested. Overall, Mossberg did great! Total turnaround time was just under a month. I shipped the gun to them on 26Dec12 and it was received today (23Jan13). Not bad considering this was during the holidays and current gun sales. Throughout the entire process the Mossberg Rep provided me with email replies and status updates either same day or within 24 hours. I'll post pictures in the 500 series section and will be sure to post a range report later. Again, Mossberg did right by me and I am very happy.

Re: Negative experience with service, hope it gets better >>

VBVAGUY said:
As you know in my other post I contacted Mossberg Customer Service letting them know I need to return my NEW rifle for repairs. That was on Wednesday January 3, 2013. The person I spoke to said that I would be receiving a FEDEX label in the next day or 2. I waited. Nothing. So the following Monday I called. I told them that I still have not received the FEDEX label. Again the person said that I would get it by the end of the day. I waited. Nothing. I went to their website and used their Contact page to leave them a message again stating the problem, etc. The next day Tuesday I called again around 8am EST and the same person said that he would call me back within 20 minutes. I waited. Nothing. I called again in the afternoon and left a voicemail message stating my problem and that I was still waiting for a FEDEX label. I waited. Nothing. By now you would be very disappointed as I was as I was never contacted back. I know they are busy, but do they not have a system to document and capture calls, emails, etc. if not, they need to get something such as http://www.issuetrak.com. Well on Wednesday I called again at around 8am EST and the same person answered the phone, he remembered me. I told him that I still did not receive the FEDEX label. He told me to hold and to check my email. SUCCESS !!! Finally it was there !!! Now I need to box it up and send it in. I hope that this experience is not indicative of the service that people receive or how my new rifle will be repaired. I guess we will see. Sorry for the rant. :D

Well I called today just trying to see if they received it since it has been over a week now. They said that according to their logs YES they received it, however they have not worked on it yet. They said that since they have a backlog that it will take longer than the regular 7-10 days. Sigh ......I have no choice but to wait. I just hope they fix it quickly and that I do not have any more problems with it since it is a BRAND NEW rifle that I have not even shot yet. In fact it still has the dealer tags on it that I even sent it in with !!! God Bless :D

Good to now they've at least got in received and it's in their system.

Stay on them and keep us posted on your progress...

JCG4 said:
*Update*

Today my Mossberg Thunder Ranch 500 arrived as promised. I am very pleased. I am going to perform a detail strip, clean and re-oil (Not needed but want to anyway). The gun arrived in a new box with the barrel separately packaged within the same box. It does have a new barrel, magazine tube and what appears to be a new forearm as well. I had the trigger assembly changed to an aluminum one, which is a lot nicer. There is a slight noticeable weight increase, but this is minimal. The gun also came with another new lock and manual. Additionally, I had removed the forward sling attachment prior to shipping, thinking it might get lost during repairs. Sure enough, a new one was attached upon the guns return. They also packaged up my old plastic trigger assembly which I had requested. Overall, Mossberg did great! Total turnaround time was just under a month. I shipped the gun to them on 26Dec12 and it was received today (23Jan13). Not bad considering this was during the holidays and current gun sales. Throughout the entire process the Mossberg Rep provided me with email replies and status updates either same day or within 24 hours. I'll post pictures in the 500 series section and will be sure to post a range report later. Again, Mossberg did right by me and I am very happy.

That's awesome!

Glad to see they got you fixed up and you're pleased with the level of service. Do you remember your service rep's name? It's a big plus for us here to know them by name. Lookin forward to your range report...

Thanks for let'n us know.

The name looks familiar. I'm sure he's helped out a few others here in the past...

Hi all, new Mossberg owner here after receiving a Mossberg 590A1 this week. I love the functions and ergonomics of the gun, but am sad to say I probably won't fire it for a while because there is some pretty severe corrosion on the inside of the barrel right where the barrel connects with the receiver. It isn't any of that heavy packing grease I've heard people talk about in other threads and forums. I followed the dissasembly & cleaning video on this website and cleaned the inside of the barrel very thoroughly and there is no question this is rust.

I expected the shotgun to be free of any and all rust when I first received it, seeing as it's brand new. The barrel has some pretty deep pitting that would require me to pretty much sandblast the inside... which I could get arranged, but I don't think I should have to do that when I paid good money for this gun. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I wrote an e-mail to Mossberg requesting a new barrel yesterday on 1/23/13, and then started doing some research to see if this corrosion was a common thing with Mossberg shotguns and was really shocked when I came upon this thread. I don't want to be without a home defense weapon and really do not want to send my shotgun off to a virtual black hole where i have no idea when I'll get it back. I'll try my best to get Mossberg to cooperate in that regard seeing as this is a brand new gun and having everything be "like new" is the least I should be able to expect.

Attachments

• 20130122_210712.jpg
    20130122_210712.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 465
Welcome to the forum and sorry to see you're having htis issue.

To put it frankly, you're wasting your time with the e-mails. Due to the current political climate and resulting buying frenzy, Mossberg is being bombarded with e-mail and the best way to get through to them is by phone...

(800) 363-3555

Ask to speak with CS supervisor Javier Contreras. He has taken care of many of us here in the past and will make sure your issue is made right. Good luck and keep us posted...

Finally got a day off so I was able to call Mossberg about my rusty barrel as shown in the pictures above.

I spoke to Customer Service Representative David today to request the new barrel. At first he said I needed to send my barrel to Mossberg for evaluation. I explained to him that this is my only home defense weapon and there have been numerous break-ins in my neighborhood (I live in what some might consider "da hood"), and simply do not feel comfortable being without the shotgun for however long it'll take them to send me the new barrel.

He put me on hold for about a minute and then came back and said I would receive a new barrel in 2-3 weeks and that they would e-mail me a prepaid shipping label so I can send my old barrel to them once I've received the new one. He gave me an Order # for the new barrel and I requested his extension # so I can follow up with him in the future incase there are any delays.

Overall very courteous and understanding... now the wait begins, and I won't be defenseless incase something does happen.

Back