• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

What's involved on my end regarding the new serial number since they replaced the receiver where it was stamped? Do I need to file any forms with an FFL?
Last thing I need is hassle from ATF !

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

It just depends on how they send it back to you.

If they send it to an FFL, then you'll need to fill out another form 4473 for the transfer and pass another background check. If they send it directly to you, there will be nothing for you to do other than open the box and enjoy your new shotgun...

So after my oddesey with my Roadblocker barrel, I called CS today to find out what the status was, as someone was supposed to call me.

Turns out, my replacement barrel shipped out yesterday.

They also explained that barrels are proofed with extremely heavy loads, 3 rounds each, before going onto receivers or being shipped out as replacements.

That couldn't have happened in my case, but they say that they will do an investigation when mine gets back to TX.

Sent from my mind to your face

Good to see you've got your new barrel on the way.

We're looking forward to your update once it's in your hands...

I'm likin' what I'm seeing these days!! I hope this level of CS continues. If it keeps going I might have to reconsider my boycott!!;)

I know, it's just an excuse to buy another gun...but what the wife doesn't know won't hurt her right?!?

Actually got a Fedex tracking number on my return, should be here by Fri or Sat. Perhaps Mossberg is giving priority to brand new customers / first purchase ?
Not trying to brag or belittle all the folks here who have been waiting a lot longer than I have. Or perhaps mine was an easy fix, just replacing parts outright? I'll be glad when it's in my hands, cleaned and ready to fire before I give a thumbs up to CS.

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

Very nice @Gronk .

Trust me, we're all glad to see that Mossberg may finally have things turned around. I think what we're seeing is the result of the gun boom finally slowing down. Less volume means fewer issues and their CS staff might finally be able to get ahead of their work load. Either way, we're happy to know your shotgun is on its way back to you and our fingers are crossed that you find it in nothing less than 100% satisfactory condition...

Well I finally got her back this weekend. Actually looks like a brand new gun! They replaced the barrel and receiver due to the issues I mentioned previously. Here's a few pics, all cleaned up with some CLP and my new buttstock shell holder.

7yqu3uve.jpg
mude4u2a.jpg
y4y4umeg.jpg
da7e4e7e.jpg

Fired a couple rounds this afternoon, wow! And that was only 7.5 target load! Next I need to pick up some sling swivels, maybe nickel plated? And a nice sling. Oh yeah, and some 00 buck shells.

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

Happy to see Mossberg CS did the right thing and made you a Happy Mossberg Owner.:)

Outstanding!

Glad to see they took care of you and the turn-around time wasn't bad at all. Great lookin boomstick too...

I feel very fortunate to have my gun back and in the condition it should've been when I purchased it. I still feel like this was caused by CTD and not Mossberg. They also included a gun lock which I assume gets routed thru the load and ejection ports while the bolt/slide arm are fully rearward? I think the only time I would use it is while transporting it.
I also picked up the 42" VISM carrying case on Amazon for $24, fits the 590A1 Mariner perfectly! Thanks again for all the support guys, this forum is a great aid for beginners like me.

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork

Last edited:
Very nice!

Yes, the cable lock is intended to be used as described. All my interactions with Mossberg have been positive. CTD on the other hand, well I'd rather not say on a family forum...:mad:

Outstanding!

Glad to see they took care of you and the turn-around time wasn't bad at all. Great lookin boomstick too...
Outstanding is right! Even after my own less than stellar experience with OFM CS, I have to say the service level you received deserves an A+!!!

Let's just hope this is the new standard and not an exception. I have to give them a serious "atta boy" for this one!!

Enjoy your "new" broomstick Gronk!!

Ps- If you think 7.5 shot kicks, wait til you tie into some 00 buck or 1" slugs...it'll give ya something to talk about!;)

Hi, This is my first post here to relate my customer service issues with my 1st purchase of a Mossberg Silver Reserve II. It is back for the second time to work on the same list of issues. Trigger pull went from nearly impossible to pull to where the trigger pull is light as a feather and you can pull it right to left now too.
When I sent it back the first time, they ignored the issues with breaking open the action, the extractors not lifting the spent shells, and the entire action being loose. The action is so loose that the gun rattles when you mount it to your shoulder.

I called yesterday, exactly 7 days after being told to check back in 7-10 days) and am told it is in route to me. NO communication, NO tracking number provided and NO one home this week to receive it.

Does Mossberg care and are they aware of the erosion in goodwill that the total lack of customer service is causing?

@NCChrisfromTexas I wish I could say you issue was a one-off but OFM is still having some customer service issues.

You can try contacting
Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

He's helps several here in the past and may be able to help you out as well. Just keep on them. It may take a bit of time to get it right.

Hi NCCHRISfromTexas and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problem,but like MikeD said Joe has helped many members here.
Keep us posted.

Thanks for the support! I spoke with a few people at Mossberg & Maverick throughout the day yesterday and they are all over it now. I fully expect that it will be resolved beyond my expectations. The Silver Reserve was acquired for my daughter and she is super happy now too. I'm really glad that they are as I have had my eye on a new one for me too.

Tomorrow is her first official lesson with a shotgun shooting coach and she wants to shoot skeet & trap most every weekend. I'm really happy to get this resolved and that my daughter shares my passion for shooting.

Back