• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Update: I called back and asked to talk to Javier and that definitely got their attention. Linda (who answered my call) asked a lot of questions as to why I needed to talk to him, who I talked to before, etc. Linda transferred me to David who immediately found my name was spelled wrong and told me that everything would ship today. He briefly put me on hold and when he came back he had found the tracking number from the last order, tracked it, and informed me that it was actually going to be delivered today. Unfortunately the order notes were incomplete and the owner's manual and LOP spacers were not shipped. He is having those shipped today via USPS (ok'd by me).

So Erica either was misinformed or didn't communicate in a way that made me understand how my order was being handled.

Sounds like everything is going to work out. I'm still a little irked that it took almost a month.

BTW, the service I received today was great. Exactly what it should have been on day one. CS Reps were happy to help, knowledgeable, etc. There is a definite difference between the A team and B team at Mossberg IMO.

Glad to hear you're get'n taken care of. I hate that you had issues from the beginning, but it's good that everything's working out for you. Keep us posted...

Glad I could help you out. To bad you didn't get to talk with him personally. There would have been less bs to deal with.

I told you either talking to Javier would get things done or it would put a fear in the front line agents. It seems to work every time.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Holy Smokes man! I cant believe I continue to hear the same sort of crap about OFM CS and QC. Absolutely rediculous...

I love my Mossbergs, but holy crap! I may buy another some time!

well now....it had been 2 weeks since i was told i would be getting a phone call....
i called yesterday, went through the whole story beginning to now, to the best of my memory i may add, since it has been so long......

it seemed like nobody had heard of me.....last time they had said they had received the returned barrel which they had sent me prior, and it wasn't checked in yet....... this time, they were asking me if i had sent it........
gave them my name and number again yesterday, the representative was top notch, he seemed to really want to solve this hold up and said it would be a little while to figure out what's going on...then he said he'd call me back...... it's now moving towards 10 o'clock the next morning......

all i want is a good barrel, seriously....do i have to pack up the kids and drive there?

Mossberg Customer Service

How long before you guys get a response to a manufacturing issue when you email the service address at Mossberg?

I'm at 15 days and counting, with a handful of resends. This is truly pathetic.

I tried calling, waiting 20 minutes on hold, spoke to a young lady who wasn't even sure of their model line and, when she put me on hold, it cut me off. I called and the line said there were "10 callers in cue" in front of me.

I love the concept of the 930 SPX that I just bought but sheesh.

Youre absolutely right, it is truly pathetic.

Why Mossberg... Why can we not deal with knowledgable reps who are actually able to help us?

Thanks for moving my post. I was frustrated and posting from my Droid. Without this move, I don't know if I would have found this thread and Javier's name. I'm gonna try one more time.

After having spent some time with S&W on the phone last week, the difference in skill/concern of their Customer Service Reps is glaringly apparent.

cool beans...just remember to be nice when you talk to them...they just do their job. but don't let em off the hook till you speak with him....then let us know how it turn out.

I recently purchased a brand new 590a1 18.5 barrel, ghost ring sights. I intended to use it for home defense and general purpose. I took it to the range and after about 7 rounds of 00 buck I got a FTF. Tried to work with it at the range with negative results. Also, went to change elevation for rear sight and the elevation wheel snapped right off. Man, I was really angry especially after my father-in-law told me to buy a Remington. Went home and field stripped, cleaned, function tested, still FTF. E-mailed Mossberg CS never heard back after one week. Called and spoke to a female Erica. Explained issue and Erica seemed indifferent. Just said send back with prepaid shipping label. I asked to speak with manager or customer relations rep. after staying on hold got "he is on phone with tech, he will call you back". Well, after two hours I called back. They tried same line again and I called her on it. Roger then called me back after 10 minutes. I explained my disappointment in the fact their "mil-spec, field proven, reliable" shotgun had failed after 7 rounds. Roger also seemed indifferent. I tried to explain the circumstances and pointed out Mossberg's advertising of this weapon. Roger came back with "I'm sorry, What can I do". How about a gun that works!!! I would have thought it would have souned more like totally unacceptable we will make it right ASAP we here at Mossberg stand behind our guns!! Guess my Father-in-Law was right, should have bought a Remington

Sucks when things go sideways. I can tell you that Remington’s CS is no better and Remington’s break along with Benelli, FN, Winchester, Browning and yes sometimes out of the box….
I say too bad you didn’t get the A1 in the box that was under the one you bought. These day’s good customer service is the exception not the rule…..unfortunate truth. All sorts of reputable companies and manufacturers let bad things slip by every now and then, and as far as them acting indifferent, how should they act ? They deal with these calls all the time and probably aren’t surprised. They offered you a prepaid shipping label. I just had to fill out a request form to Smith & Wesson to even be considered for a pre pay label. That took two days for them to even say ok.
I know it sucks but they will eventually make it right. Best thing you can do is just try not to dwell on it and the time will go by sooner. Tell your FIL not to worry about it and ask to borrow his Remington till your gets fixed. That way when you get back the A1 you will be happy you didn’t get a Remington
Think about it though, in the A1 you get a lot of features and a lot of gun for the price....if you want someone on the phone who can tell you why your gun doesn’t work than you can tack another 150 bucks on to the price......you say they should be 100% out of the box 100% of the time...tack on another 200 bucks. Until then you can have a Mil spec 590A1 for a reasonable price and Mossberg will continue to have flunkies answer the phone and training people to run the machines for minimum wage

good luck getting back in the saddle ASAP.

Re: Mossberg customer service sucks.

I have to agree with you! I've not gotten a reply to my email and when I called their 800 customer service number, there was no response and way to leave a message. I then called their local (203) number and got just a recording. Poor customer service for sure.

While I'm complaining about CS, I've also had no luck in emailing Aim Pro Tactical.

It apears everyone has enough money and doesn't need our business once the end-item is purchased!

Oli700,
You make some good points and I will give them a chance to make it right and perhaps that will rebuild some confidence for me. I really liked this model with the sights and the location of the Mossberg action release and safety. However, I would expect their customer service to be interested and have a stake in the product and company they work for or they may end up not having a company to work for. As far as the money is concerned, I'd been willing to go the extra $200 to have the gun I thought I was buying..

You do too and your right, I just try to see another side of things for you. It is what it is and this is only a drop in the bucket compared to long friendship you will have with that shotgun....I hate waiting and think things should be right the first time to.... then there is reality :lol:

just got off the phone with them...they want me to send them the shotgun.....it's been almost 2 months of dismay....they refuse to send me another barrel thinking that i have an issue with my receiver....david told me i would have it back in two weeks......david seems like a great guy and is very professional with me......i just thought i had purchased a quality item, and nobody can tell me that my front sight is not soldered off center.....i am really bummed by this whole situation....and my buddies are all enjoying their remington police models......

stihl73, As long as its on their dime ... I say it may well be your only choice.

However... OFM has long known they have a QC issue with their sights.

Aaaahhh... Santa came to town.

Santa Hernandez. I finally got to speak (email) with a customer service rep who had a clue. Once he began emailing me in response, all is well. I bet there were 15 emails and he responded to each answer I gave within minutes. I got my replacement barrel today (I had already purchased a straight sight 930 SPX barrel on the used marker.) The new barrel has blue springs - as opposed to black like my original and the used. Most importantly, the bloody sight is straight!!

So, the call tag should come in within a day or so and I'll return the canted-sight-barrel. I guess I'll be reselling my used barrel I bought to recoup the funds.

I sent the CS Head a complimentary letter about Santa.

Back