• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Thanks for the update! I am glad that Mossberg was able to take care of everything for you.

Sounds like this Javier Contreras person must be one really busy person! Seems as though he has to handle every single customer service issue personally. :cry: Hopefully, that is just a poorly slanted perception. :D My Maverick is currently in for service and I'm hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to bug the boss man. Take care. Tom Worthington.

had a family emergency since last time i had posted on this matter....so, it's been a while

received a barrel with a perfect front sight, even rides the same on my friend's 590a1....so, i'm positive i do not have a receiver issue......however, if u can see in the picture, and i apologize for the bad quality......it seems that 2/3 of the inside crown, is pitted.... go figure....i was promised perfect this time, and i did not receive a return label for the barrel in my possession......

does anyone else have a barrel with the pitted crown?.....

and recently, i have purchased a 51410 from kyle's gunshop...i expect it tuesday, i think i am calling it quits on the GRS....

Attachments

• 590a1.jpg
    590a1.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 928
does anyone believe this will have an effect on the accuracy of slugs and shot?...anyone seen or possess a barrel with similar pitting?....

well now, just got off the phone with the female representative i have left messages for two days in a row..i called mossberg and was lucky enough to get her....she of course asks me if i have shot it, and no i have not, it's a matter of principle, it's new and supposed to be perfect.....i would be a little pissed if someone kicked in the door to my truck, even though it would still have cold a/c when i pushed the button......... i felt like i was frowned upon this morning because i wanted something better then the half ass worked barrel i had received....
....however, i might note, she did call me back.....i forgot my phone wasn't accepting private calls......as a matter of fact, she is the only one from mossberg who has ever called me back.....

a new barrel is on it's way, will it be perfect and one that a customer would be proud to own?.. we will see......i forsee myself sending some independent a barrel to be crowned, soldered, parkerized, what have u out of my own pocket.....

Satisfied with my Mossberg CS experience.

I got my Maverick 88 back today from Mossberg. I was going through withdrawl pangs, but it's back home now. I sent it back for a fail to fire. After the first 300 or so rounds I put through it, about one in every three wasn't going bang. It's back now with a new trigger housing. The last time I called, Veronica gave me a tracking number, so I could keep up with it's progress.

Count me as one of those who are satisfied with Mossberg customer service. And no, I didn't have to bug any supervisors to make it happen. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Re: Satisfied with my Mossberg CS experience.

Thats great news Tom! After you have had some to run it through the motions let us know how it turned out....

Thanks for posting your positive experience Sir!

I'm glad to hear they got you fixed up and that your 88 is back home and functioning properly. Definitely keep us posted...

Good news Tom. Glad to hear you had a positive CS experience.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

Good deal Tom! I'm happy to hear things have gone well for you, thanks for sharin with us here!

Your replacement barrel will ship soon. The Fed Ex tracking number is 532181032166842. Your new barrel has been inspected by several individuals including our Lead Technician, a service technician, myself, and my service manager. Your new barrel has satisfied our quality control inspection. If you have further questions, please contact the service center at 800-363-3555. Have a nice day.

that was an email i just received moments ago....the bigger question is, exactly who gives the go ahead and is responsible when the poor quality barrels leave the factory?..so, all the bad barrels have satisfied their quality control inspection as well??. i will post pics of any issues if any arise on this barrel which will be on its way to me shortly....
crown...should be perfect
finish and fit and soldering, should be perfect and not full of huge air bubbles
front sight should be centered, straight, and parallel to the bore....

i'm hoping this will be the end of a frustrating and long story...

i recently purchased a new 51410... the action bar came back into position on the inner side of the cartridge stop and caused a fail to feed from the magazine tube...i racked it several times and upon disassembly realized that the crisp contact edges had been rolled over......with a little tweeking and filing, i've managed to make the firearm run reliably... somewhat, however i do not trust it...
i called customer service and just ordered the parts, i felt as though i didn't want to go through this again ....... so, it's all ready 60.00 over the price of a firearm i had again bought brand new... a perfect barrel could well rekindle my faith in mossberg.....

One can only hope it's perfect. And I really hope it is.....ok..that makes two people hoping... ;)

Well, I received my new barrel today. Not only is the sight not parallel to the bore axis, but, it also is to the left.... Fortunately my camera is such poor quality i can't get a pic of the many air bubbles in the solder....... I'm sending this same barrel back to mossberg and will be spending money at the gunsmith to have mine done to the expectations of a paying customer. I have been nothing but patient, professional, and understanding to mossberg's customer service team.....i believe i have spoken with near everybody....... I am not happy.......I love my Mossberg Firearms, I will continue as i have and be a supporter and customer....but, with the email i received recently....like I said... I am very disappointed..... very....

Attachments

• moss1.jpg
    moss1.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,932
  • moss2.jpg
    moss2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,932
  • moss3.jpg
    moss3.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,932
stihl73 said:
Your replacement barrel will ship soon. The Fed Ex tracking number is 532181032166842. Your new barrel has been inspected by several individuals including our Lead Technician, a service technician, myself, and my service manager. Your new barrel has satisfied our quality control inspection. If you have further questions, please contact the service center at 800-363-3555. Have a nice day.

.......shame on u guys.... did anyone really even look???

Back