• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

oli700 said:
Did they or you shoot it since the work was done ?

No, I haven't shot it....it's all ready boxed up and i will be taking it down to fed ex shortly. It could shoot dead on, but as a new firearm, i won't settle for the half ass manufacture. It's quite pathetic actually that bottom dollar Norinco items have better fit and attention to perfection.

this is the email i just sent to Linda Salinas....i sent her the pics as well of the quality she ensured me..

So, this is it?... Not only canted to the left, but the sight itself is not parallel to the bore axis....

I am returning this barrel to you tomorrow, words can no longer express how disappointed i am. I can not believe that this barrel met quality standards. I suspect my only option is to admit defeat and bring my former barrel to the gunsmith and have things set appropriate and true. Have a nice day.

Bobby J. Donnelly

stihl73 said:
Your new barrel has been inspected by several individuals including our Lead Technician, a service technician, myself, and my service manager.

4 Bumbling Idiots. That's just unacceptable, to say the least. It's too bad that the CEO of Mossberg knows nothing of what is going on here. I wonder if there is a way of telling him, without going through the schmucks that usually answer his mail/calls.

You know what....I'm going to find out. gimme some time though.

I really love my 835, and Mossberg, but this kind of thing really needs to be nipped in the bud.

ripjack13 said:
stihl73 said:
Your new barrel has been inspected by several individuals including our Lead Technician, a service technician, myself, and my service manager.

4 Bumbling Idiots. That's just unacceptable, to say the least. It's too bad that the CEO of Mossberg knows nothing of what is going on here. I wonder if there is a way of telling him, without going through the schmucks that usually answer his mail/calls.

You know what....I'm going to find out. gimme some time though.

I really love my 835, and Mossberg, but this kind of thing really needs to be nipped in the bud.

I agree. I tend to be fairly lenient and give people the benefit of the doubt but to get this type of feedback and then still get a substandard part is really bad.

DHonovich said:
This is a thread dedicated to Mossberg customer service...post up the good and the bad...

Generally, do you know if Mossberg stocks parts? I looked in my 801 Plinkster Owner's manual for information about Customer Service. The manual told me to have ready the model number, serial number, part number and name from the exploded diagram. I called the number listed and was put on hold for about 15 minutes (that was okay). When I talked to a customer rep and mentioned my model number, I was asked if I wanted a magazine for that rifle. When I told her I needed a replacement bolt I was told that the model was no longer made. I mentioned that I believed that it was the same bolt as the 802 rifle. She said it was no longer made either. The indication was that they had NO parts for these rifles! I was referred to a Mossberg Collectors group. They had no listings for parts for either rifle on their website.

I am beginning to wonder if I have made some bad choices for firearms with Mossberg. I bought the 801 Half-pint Plinkster and the 930 tactical shotgun. Wow, if they have no parts, I am in trouble.

Abouttime,

Sorry, to see you're having issues with your 801.

When you spoke with Mossberg's customer service department, you likely talked to someone who has no idea about the specs of your particular firearm and is simply referencing a current parts catalog which may only offer mags for your model. Many CS reps are simply call center employees that are paid to answer phones and document issues. To them, a part that does not show up as available may simply be considered "discontinued". I'm not making excuses fot them, but I work for a large corporation with over a hundred CS reps. Most of them are kids straight out of high school with little to no knowledge of our products other than what is available on our website or in our catalog.

I just got off the phone with Mossberg's SERVICE department on your behalf. Incedentally the entire call, including hold time, only too six minutes. I have never had a bad experience going directly through Mossberg's service department. I was informed by one of their service technicians that they do not sell their bolts for the 801 separetely because the bolt must be properly fitted (head-spaced) to each rifle. Their suggestion was to send the rifle in to their service center where it will be fitted with a new bolt assembly.

As far as your shipping situation, did you have any type of insurance on the order or have you contacted the seller to file a dammaged merchandise claim with them? I would certainly push to have the cost of the repair reimbursed by the seller.

Good luck getting it sorted out and keep us posted...

worst customer service!

Well i dont know whats worse... the piece of trash mossberg gun i bought? or the customer service to get it taken care of. I bought a new 702 Plinkster. all it did was jam and fall apart as i shot it. the bolt was sliding back so far it damaged the reciever something fierce. so i call mossberg they tell me to take it where i got it and they will handle it. so i took it back they told me it was now my rifle now my problem. i was furious! it took 2 days of yelling at mossberg reps for them to finally get me on the phone with a manager. so they call back after a while then they instruct me what to do to get it fixed. so i send it in. pay for shipping their defective gun so they can fix it. while its there i get no status reminder on the gun. they get it "fixed" and send it back. this process took over 2 weeks. finally i get it back and the reciever still damaged. by this point im mad. so i call up mossberg and they tell me its fine no big deal. me and the tech manager had words. i bought a new gun. it suppose to be nice and reliable. hell even after the said it was fixed it jams, miss feeds, and ejects sloppy. so i filmed what the gun was doing. as i was coming back from the range i get a call from the manager. see i called mossberg and told them i want to talk to whoever i need to, to get this fixed now! so he calls back with a better attitude once he gets the pictures and probably reamed for is lack of tact with a customer. so he says he will send me the shipping stuff so i can send it off. 3 days later i am calling him..he tells the secretary that he will email and call back. so i send the gun. no word it it made it, nothingm so again i call mossberg where they have no idea what i am talking about and the managed is on vacation. why did he have me send it if he wasnt gonna be there to fix it, anyways the problems on my 702 are so bad its being replaced. once they finally get it done and send it back.. this was the first gun i bought brand new and it has been an absolute nightmare, and mossberg is the worst at customer service. i will never buy another mossberg again! and what i have been through alot of friends and people i talk to arent either. mossberg should realize gun owners talk. we care for good products and expect if we have a problem the company will make it as painless as possible to make it right. shame on mossberg. get it together! if your managers cant handle the customer service and guide their employees to do the same. i am sure there are plenty of out of work americans that will be more than happy to take up the slack

and still i wait to know when my gun will be fixed. when it will be over so i can move on out of this nightmare

Pickled.

Youre absolutely right to feel the way you do. OFM is consistently terrible with customer service and keeping the customer informed. Some manufacturers are excellent and are johnny on the spot, willing to replace parts even in cases the customer is at fault, and in most cases will have parts fed ex'd the next day.

There are times we hear about OFM really takin care of someone, but those are the exceptions and certainly not the rule.

All this said, I passionately adore my Mossberg firearms and have little reason to look elsewhere if I want another firearm.

I may have time today to try and make a phone call. I'll see if I can get some information on some stuff. I had called them on these types of issues in the past and asked how to best resolve problems. They gave me the standard lines...

I bought a brand new Mossberg 500 .410 on 3/31/12 and i have a few problems with it, 1-It is very hard to chamber a round, i have diagnosed the problem myself but don't know how to fix it. The round isn't coming far enough up on the bolt to become even with the chamber, so it is dragging heavily on the edge of the chamber.
2- When i do get the round to chamber, And i eject it, if i look at the primer(Live round) there is a very light Primer strike, without me even pulling the trigger.
3-On the right side of the receiver it looks gray, like there is paint missing or it has been bondoed or there is a piece of internal mechanism rubbing the paint off.

I have called Mossberg on this and have a return label. I'm just trying to figure out the solution because i don't really want to send it in because this is the only weapon i have for self defense, any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Steven, I've been thinkin on this since yesterday.

I cant duplicate what youre experiencing with our 500 .410 24" barrel. I do remember the pump and action bein stiff and just felt like it was hanin up, or stickin. It took some cleanin and shootin to smooth out.

The bolt slide, bolt, trigger group, extractor and ejector, arent made the same as what you see on 12 ga. guns, and a far cry from the 590A1's. But, its a smaller gun, the pieces are smaller, not as thick, machined differently, and some are made with plastic where there would be metal otherwise on the larger guns. The extractors actually look like formed spring steel or tool steel.

When the round contacts the bolt face, how does it look in relation to the extractor? You said its low on the bolt and riding the chamber? I wonder if the extractor is out of place and preventing the round from linin up right?

You also mention the gray? Is that the inside of the receiver or outside? It may be a primer layer, cuz the receiver on those are black, not blued.

Rossignol, Thank you very much for the information. And to answer your questions, Its acting like the extractor is too tight because when i get it to get stiff (like every shell), and i reach into the loading port and push up on the shell (further up on the bolt face) just slightly maybe 1/8th of an inch, the shell slides in, just as it should. I've bought Winchester, Remington, and Federal, They all seem to do the same thing, (Not coming far enough up on the bolt face to become the same height of the chamber to chamber easily.)
The grey is on the inside on the very bottom about 1/2 inch high and about and inch in length. it might be primer, i didn't think about that.

I'll come back to this, but:

I had a thought. Its possible it really is bare metal, its an aluminum alloy which would be more of a grey color.

I'm still thinkin on all this, but off to work for now! ;)

DHall said:
I recently purchased a brand new 590a1 18.5 barrel, ghost ring sights. I intended to use it for home defense and general purpose. I took it to the range and after about 7 rounds of 00 buck I got a FTF. Tried to work with it at the range with negative results. Also, went to change elevation for rear sight and the elevation wheel snapped right off. Man, I was really angry especially after my father-in-law told me to buy a Remington. Went home and field stripped, cleaned, function tested, still FTF. E-mailed Mossberg CS never heard back after one week. Called and spoke to a female Erica. Explained issue and Erica seemed indifferent. Just said send back with prepaid shipping label. I asked to speak with manager or customer relations rep. after staying on hold got "he is on phone with tech, he will call you back". Well, after two hours I called back. They tried same line again and I called her on it. Roger then called me back after 10 minutes. I explained my disappointment in the fact their "mil-spec, field proven, reliable" shotgun had failed after 7 rounds. Roger also seemed indifferent. I tried to explain the circumstances and pointed out Mossberg's advertising of this weapon. Roger came back with "I'm sorry, What can I do". How about a gun that works!!! I would have thought it would have souned more like totally unacceptable we will make it right ASAP we here at Mossberg stand behind our guns!! Guess my Father-in-Law was right, should have bought a Remington
UPDATE Shipped my gun back and they quickly returned a new gun..... This gun runs like a champ! Like it was supposed to the first time. A positive for Mossberg was the speed of replacing and shipping it back! I STILL CANNOT get the rear sight to move up or down any suggestions?? ;)

DHall said:
UPDATE Shipped my gun back and they quickly returned a new gun..... This gun runs like a champ! Like it was supposed to the first time. A positive for Mossberg was the speed of replacing and shipping it back! I STILL CANNOT get the rear sight to move up or down any suggestions?? ;)

That's awesome!

Glad to see they took care of you. As far as the rear GRS adjustment goes, are you lifting up on the aperture itself as you try to turn the adjustment wheel? There are teeth in the top surface of the wheel that hold it in place against the bottom of the ring. Lifting up the ring should allow the wheel to turn freely...

LAZY EYED SNIPER,
Thanks, I have lifted up on the apeture and it still will not turn. I also put a drop of break free inside the top of the receiver where the threads for the wheel is tapped... Any other suggestions, I don't want it to break.. I also threw a request up on the trouble sooting thread. Thanks..

Hello everyone!!! My name is Charlie , I will start by saying WOW !!! Is customer service really that bad? I've always been a big Mossberg-head ,proud owner of the 500A and the 590. My lil problem was my son's t715 "tactical" 22.Fine gun for the price 189.00 + tax, had it for 2 months, put bout 6000 rnds. in it, cleaned it every 500 rnds.Well anyway, last time at the range shootin cci mini mags around the 230th something round ,bolt handle gets stuck ( not even a budge) , took it home ,cleaned it ... same bananas (stuck again).Next day we called Moss , strip it, box it, & send it to eagle pass tx. DONE !!That was JUNE 8th ,they recieved it June 11th.Now , does anyone know how is Moss turn-around time?

It's hit or miss on turn-around.

Summer time means a lot more folks shoot'n and buyin guns, so their shop volume is a lot higher this time of year. Keep callin and pestering them until you get answers. Let us know how it goes...

Called in to Mossberg CS this afternoon.

I was looking for a 5-shot mag tube, spring, and cap for my 590 conversion. Had to wait on the line a bit, but ended up being connected to our favorite CS rep Edna. Within a matter of minutes she found the parts I needed and had the transaction completed. We read a lot on our forum about folks having issues with Mossberg CS, but after calling them at least a dozen times in the past couple years I have always found them to be extremely helpful and professional.

Thanks for your help Edna!

I'm lookin forward to receiving my parts...

Customer Service

Hello to all. I'm a new member and have a concern about Mossberg's customer service. I'm wanting to complain about it to the management but I can't find any email addresses for them. The only email I can find is the services and the customer service one. Does anyone have like the CEO or the Presidents email address?? Thanks

Back