• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Ghost Ring Sight Kit

VN Vet

.22LR
My M590A1 came with traditional rifle sights and I wanted the Ghost Ring.

I bought one of these last week and finally installed it yesterday. It came with instructions on how to drill and tap the receiver, but not how to install it on top of the receiver. It took me quite a bit of time to figure out how to install it on my M590A1 which is already drilled and tapped.

The Kit comes with the front sight kit un-assembled, two screws and the assembled rear sight. The trouble is the rear sight housing has a screw installed that protrudes out the bottom of the housing just under the elevation adjustment knob.

The way the Ghost Ring Assembly sets on top of the receiver requires three screws. OK, but how do you do it? This is how I did it.

I removed the three rearward cover screws on top of the receiver to expose the threaded hole. I took the housing with the screw already attached and carefully started to rotate the housing while threading the housing into the most rearward hole. Easy does it. Be sure not to cross-thread. Note: if you have the Mossberg Steel Safety Switch installed like me, the housing will hit the enhanced elevated part of the safety switch and the switch will need to be removed.

Keep rotating the Ghost Ring Housing until you have reached the "bottom". I had to back off about a bit more than a half turn to align the other holes. I installed the front end screw first. To install the middle screw, I had to raise the sprung Peep Sight a bit to get the screw to fit under the sprung steel. The tighten the screw as usuall. The Peep Sight is installed!

I don't know if this is how Mossberg intended the Kit to be installed, but it is how I did it and it works. Now along with the 12" LOP Hogue Rear Stock, my Mossberg shoulders perfectly every time with my front sight peering at me through the Peep Hole. Cool Beans!

Those of you who have installed the Mossberg Ghost Ring Sight Kit yourself, let me know how you installed yours. I searched this site and the internet and found nothing. Mossberg should include instructions on how to do this.

Back