• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg introduces 4 new MVP rifles...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
243b3750e1683f8eb41cc2170bf58e07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LC looks interesting. Wonder how the aluminum chassis will hold up...

I like the Scout, been wanting to set up a rifle with the long eye relief for quite a while.

300 whisper (blackout) was never designed nor intended to be a long range caliber.

It was designed to be a subsonic 30 caliber bullet that excelled at sound suppression at fairly close range.

I'm glad Mossberg is making them in 223 and 308 caliber.

Dont want it for long range as its not a long range cartridge but I do like the CONFIGURATION (ie...the ability to mount a scope conventionally over the receiver VS mounting it scout style) of the Long Range VS the Scout But then again I would be cool with he MVP Patrol in 300 Black Out too!

Dont want it for long range as its not a long range cartridge but I do like the CONFIGURATION (ie...the ability to mount a scope conventionally over the receiver VS mounting it scout style) of the Long Range VS the Scout But then again I would be cool with he MVP Patrol in 300 Black Out too!
look closer, the mount is the same distance from the rear of the receiver as the scout its just extended allowing the option for the scout position. so i again made the mistake of assuming....assuming you were after the longer barrel of the LR, which would net about a 2fps gain with a blackout.
Nothing to be had with the long barrel, same scope mount extended....you can see where I was confused I guess

I just barreled a BLK 9" AR for a brother today, its getting a Saker. Never believed in BLK till I shot an 8"......still don't believe in ones over 16" lol.

The base is one thing I don't care for the the MVP scout. The action should be clear, without the need to work around anything, to solve any feed issue.

mossberg_mvp_scout.jpg

Savage dropped their 10 FCM Scout for 2014 but reintroduced a new model, the 11 Scout, with improvements based on customer suggestions.

savage11_scout.jpg

I have the 10 FCM in 7.62X39 and love the rifle so at a MSPR of only 17 bucks more than the MVP, the 11 would be the direction I will go.

Here is my 10 FCM doing what it does best...

hog_131112.jpg

The base is one thing I don't care for the the MVP scout. The action should be clear, without the need to work around anything, to solve any feed issue.

mossberg_mvp_scout.jpg

we have a rifleman , wasn't sure if anyone would comment on that.....not as Col. Cooper intended

Nice pig, welcome to the sight sir

I like the 7.62x39, but I've never been fond of any kind of scout style optic mounting.

I have an AK that I recently put a small Bushnell TRS25 on the front handguard and I admit that even it looks odd to me while using the gun, so I've not entirely decided that I'm even going to keep it on there.

Thankfully, we don't have any pigs here yet.

And I did say "yet" as a disclaimer because from the looks of it, it's only a matter of time.

My favorite 7.62x39 is just an old fashioned run of the mill SKS.

And I agree with Oli.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you guys. The 7.62x39 is very under rated as a sporting arm here in the US. I've found that here where I live on my ranch in South Texas, it is a great killer of whitetails and hogs. It is a real treat to carry in a proper short action like the CZ or Zastava M85 Mini Mauser. The Savage 10 FCM is a bit big for it as it is based on the short action instead of a mini-action.

The sights and base on the Savage scouts are made by Williams Gun Sight so I replaced the peep with their WGRS Ghost Ring. The scope is a Weaver K4 Classic Scout using Weaver Grand Slam LeverLoc rings. I frequently remove the scope and back, never has lost its zero.

I have a very nice 300 range behind my house and I have this "thing" that I do with the Savage when others tell me that they don't think the 7.62x39 is much of a cartridge. I pull the scope off and using just the peep bang the gongs at 50 100, 200, 250, and 300 yard just as fast as I can bolt them through the action. I'm not a real good shot so I compensate by shooting a lot.

Here is what the rifle looks like without the scope. These are two hits on the 200-yard gong with a 152-grain bullet.

10FCM_200Y_gong.jpg

I have another 7.62x39 scout, a Ruger Mini-30 using the same sighting system.

bobcat_mini30.jpg

I'm move a bit off of the subject of the MVP Scout and apologize for that.

I'm move a bit off of the subject of the MVP Scout and apologize for that.

While our focus is Mossberg, we also like hearing about other guns. If you want expand on the Savage, it might be worth while to start a sep thread. We don't want to get too sidetracked but it will also help other people who may be looking for that type of info but wont' find it buried here.

I've been looking at the Savage and the Ruger models for some time. Nice cat by the way. ;-D

if X39 was worth a crap in an AR action/mag my pistol build would be a X39 without a doubt

Back