• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg introduces 4 new MVP rifles...

Good info here. I have been wanting to look into an X39 bolt gun. And I'm a savage fan myself.

Good info here. I have been wanting to look into an X39 bolt gun. And I'm a savage fan myself.
The Savage 10 FCM offering in this cartridge is getting tough to find but they still surface on Gunbroker. Savage elected to use a .308" groove rather than the SAAMI spec of .310 so it is a bit of an issue if you are a cast bullet shooter. I've lapped my barrel.

The Zastava M85 Minii-Mauser is a very nice rifle and it is built on a mini rather an small action so it a very compact rifle. Check this out... I've had hogs tearing up my yard at night and shot this sow with my TLC313-150-RF cast bullet last night.

hog_m85_02.jpg

The M85 is imported through Century Arms and typically retail between $435 and $500. The metal work is finished well with a deep bluing. The walnut stock is detailed well except for the final finish. The typical buyer applies a couple of coats of Tru-Oil and starts shooting.

That LC looks pretty bada$$ , not real fond of the price tag though. somewhere around 2100? looking forward to seeing reviews though. hope its a tack driver

we have a rifleman , wasn't sure if anyone would comment on that.....not as Col. Cooper intended

Nice pig, welcome to the sight sir

Let's not forget that while a forward and low mounted scope was Coopers own personal preference it was not the only sighting system allowed in his definition of scout rifle. Iron sights as well as scopes mounted in the conventional position were also included as to suite the user.

we wont forget, I've been shooting a Steyr Scout a bunch last year......it has flip up buis built into the gun......and a bipod built into the stock. There are lots of configurations , forward scope mount is one of the main features of the system though. The Steyr has a small dove tail cut at the rear of the reciever for a ring incase some one wants a scout without the scope in a scout position

It has been confirmed that the Scout, Patrol and Thunder Ranch are getting the new molded synthetic stock and the Predator and Varmint are keeping the epoxy hard wood laminated stocks.

The base is one thing I don't care for the the MVP scout. The action should be clear, without the need to work around anything, to solve any feed issue.

mossberg_mvp_scout.jpg

I am picking up mine today. I agree, the rear sight built into that picatinny rail is attached at the front receiver and "floats" for elevation adjustment at the rear, thus necessitating that full length over the open action. I was thinking of cutting it off if there are d/t holes under the rear sight to add a William's wgrs receiver peep sight! I sold my savage scout and miss the three position tang safety which is superior to any other, I just didn't like the flimsy stock, it was not the accustock but had the accu trigger. With the flush detachable magazine I could grasp the rifle behind the sight over the action very comfortably like that of a lever action model 94. But that was a much lighter and comfortable rifle to carry than the mossberg scout.

Last edited:
It has been confirmed that the Scout, Patrol and Thunder Ranch are getting the new molded synthetic stock and the Predator and Varmint are keeping the epoxy hard wood laminated stocks.
Correct the stock on the scout is plastic, I was thinking of getting a replacement boyds. If it had the wood I would have stripped and refinished it natural.

Last edited:
Back