Mossberg introduces the all new Blaze47 rimfire rifle...

Discussion in 'Mossberg Blaze47' started by DHonovich, Jan 19, 2015.

1. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Blaze-47 - 37246 - 25 round magazine

[​IMG]

Blaze-47 - 37253 - 10 round magazine

[​IMG]

Offering the look and feel of an AK-47 in the easy-handling affordable 22LR platform.

Specifications:
    • Caliber - .22 LR
    • Capacity - 11 or 26
    • Barrel - 16.5"
    • Sights - Adj Fiber Optic/Raised Front
    • Scope - None
    • Twist - 1:16
    • Length Of Pull - 13.5" or 11.25"-14" (Adjustable Stock)
    • Finish - Blued
    • Stock - Synthetic Standard or 6-Position Adjustable
    • Weight - 3.5 lb
    • Overall Length - 35.75"

Features:

• Polymer receiver makes them lightweight and comfortable
    • Adjustable or fixed Stocks
    • Easy loading 25 round or 10 round magazines
    • Free Gun lock
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Blaze-47 Wood - 37255 - 25 round magazine

[​IMG]

Blaze-47 Wood - 37254 - 10 round magazine

[​IMG]

Offering the look and feel of an AK-47 in the easy-handling affordable 22LR platform.

Specifications:

• Caliber - .22 LR
    • Capacity - 11 or 26
    • Barrel - 16.5"
    • Sights - Adj Fiber Optic/Raised Front
    • Scope - None
    • Twist - 1:16
    • Length Of Pull - 13.5"
    • Finish - Blued
    • Stock - Wood
    • Weight - 4.75 lb
    • Overall Length - 35.75"

Features:
    • Polymer receiver makes them lightweight and comfortable
    • Easy loading 25 round or 10 round magazines
    • Free Gun lock
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. Mossbergman

Mossbergman .410

Did I read some where these are made in the USA ,not a Plinkster clone like the other AR styles? ~~MM~~
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Haven't seen any info on where these are made yet, but it looks like the Blaze-47 is their new Blaze rifle dressed up like an AK.

That's not too dissimilar from the 715T, except for the 702 inside was at least a metal receiver. Looks like the receiver on the new Blaze rifle is plastic. Not a lot of info available just yet but we will update as we learn more...
  6. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

Yes they are being made in the good ole US of A. They are not related to the 702 line and are a complete polymer receiver.
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thanks for the clarification Dan...
  8. JayC

JayC .223

When I saw this gun on my Facebook news feed, posted by Guns.com, I got rather excited at the thought of Mossberg making an AK-47 variant similar to Century. When I clicked the link to the Guns.com news story, I was immediately disappointed. Guns like this just seem toy-like to me, especially if the receiver is plastic.
    DHonovich likes this.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 ON DUTY Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

10. Francisco Esparza

Francisco Esparza Copper BB

I just picked one of these up at Cabelas for $320 in the wood grain finish, I have yet to fire it but it seems very toy-ish. I will stay open minded till I break it in and post a update and review on it.
  11. Mossbergman

Mossbergman .410

This guy knows his stuff and he's run a good report on it, now it's no CZ but for a fun gun it sounds promising Mossberg BLAZE - 47 Review ck out some of videos he got recognized from his online vids ~~MM~~
  12. Ken Osborne

Ken Osborne .22LR

I wonder how many people have bought a Blaze or Blaze 47. The wood Blaze 47 I bought last fall was the first Mossberg prodict I bought in my 69 years on this earth. I bought it simply because I liked the way it looked and it had a 25 round magazine. I shot the heck out of it and found it both accurate and reliable. It will empty the magazine as fast as I can pull the trigger and it has never malfunctioned. After I bought the Blaze 47, I started looking at other Mossberg products since it appeared they know how to build a good plastic rifle at an affordable price. I then bought a Mossberg 500 field/deer combo in 121 gauge and it has become my favorite shotgun. I sold my 2 very old single shot shotguns but kept my old JC Higgins model 20 that was made the year I was born.

I think my 2 Mossbergs wil be the last 22 rifle or shotgun I will ever want or need. I didn't know Mossberg made rifles, only shotguns, until I saw the Blaze 47 on sale. That's when I did a little research and found out that they got started making 22 firearms.
  13. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

I think that for a whole lot of us our first Mossberg was a .22

This was my first one: the 353t
    20170218_091740.jpg

This is from the seventies and it does have a plastic trigger guard, but this is a real solid little gun.
  14. Ken Osborne

Ken Osborne .22LR

I thought Mossberg only made shotguns until I ran across the Blaze 47. My first 22 was a JC Higgins single shot I got for Christmas in the early 60s. My Dad paid $10.88 for it from Sears Roebuck and they mailed it to us. My other 22s were Marlins until I bought a Henry lever action.
  15. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

Well that was a good choice. I sure think that Henry 22 leaves the other levers in the dust.
  16. Ken Osborne

Ken Osborne .22LR

I really like my little Henry lever action 22 but I have promised it to my 14 year old grandson as a reward for becoming an Eagle Scout. He is really looking forward to getting it and I think it makes him more determined to get it early rather than later. Most boys that become Eagle Scouts get them shortly before they age out at 18. I think he will get his at 15 or 16 as he is already close. His Dad is the scoutmaster.
    ripjack13 likes this.