• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Maverick 88 Cures Carpal Tunnel

So, I'm an olde guy...69yo. Bought a Maverick 88 for home defense. First day at the range with it about blew off my arm at the shoulder....it came with a pistol grip so swapped it out to the pistol grip - easier for home defense anyway. Went back to the range to try that and of course it beat up my right hand. Ran about ten rounds through it and that was enough.

Now, I've been working with computers for 34 years and have had carpal tunnel bad for a long time. But after them ten shots with the 88 pistol grip my carpal tunnel pain was gone. Its about a month later and the pain is still gone. Best I can figure is the recoil rearranged some wrist bones in a way that took pressure off the nerves.

So Mossberg ad guys - you can now market the Maverick 88 with pistol grip as a therapeutic treatment tool for folks with carpal tunnel. It works. Weird, amazing, unexpected, unplanned, but it worked...

Glad you're feeling better.

The prescription for that is hit the range once a week.;)

Glad your pain is gone.

Glad to hear it is working out for you. "Recoil Therapy", OUTSTANDING!!! :D

Related, but different, story. When I was young (12-13?), I was supposed to wear corrective lenses, which I seldom did. Well, I was going to a range with the Boy Scouts and shooting little .22 single shots. My aiming eye (right) was my weak eye. I did not wear my glasses when shooting. As my scores improved, so did my weak eye to the point where I didn't have to wear glasses, anymore! :)

Conversely, a couple of my friends had eyes shot by BB guns... :(

Back