• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg MVP Bolt Action - Ammo Reviews

Update:

I was able to sneak away to the range yesterday... sorry no pics:

1) made sure my zero for FM 55gr Vmax was still holding
2) worked on getting the zero for 50gr Fiocchi Vmax at 100 yards
3) reviewed 50gr Vmax at 200 yards
4) Hits on a 4" gong I purchased from shootsteel.com

1) held fine

2) still needs some work I was rushing it because I wanted to get to the 200 line before the range closed. But it's really close. The ammo was shooting sub MOA when I did my part (

3) hitting a couple inches low which means my 100 yard zero needs some work

4) ok thought I'd hit more than I would have at 200 yards but overall very impressed with the craftsmanship of the gong. Need a more durable chain though.

50gr Vmax had more misses on the gong than hits. Mainly because it was hitting low to begin with

55gr Hornady Zmax Zombie rounds (I'm trying to get rid of them now in favor of Freedom Munitions) was hitting low as well but it has been consistently.... not consistent at 200 yards to begin with

55gr FM Vmax.... about 70% hit ratio when I was doing my part. The near misses I felt myself pull it off mark.

Being that the 4" gong was a little bit of a challenge at 200 yards I will probably pick up an 8x8" square target for 300 yards when my schedule calms down in September. Shoot steel.com has really reasonable prices for the plates.

It was really cool to call a hit and then the delayed DINK

My MVP for some reason mine doesn't like AE 5.56 62gr greentips. Over 20 FTF out of box of 150. ZQI it likes

Hard primers with military rounds seem to be an issue. Seems the springs aren't strong enough to set off those primers.

You can send the bolt back to mossberg or just deal with .223 and expect a few FTF with 5.56 on certain brands.

Fwiw M855 green tips suck at grouping in the MVP.

I actually think it's the m855 round construction.

Barnes TSX 62 gr bullet is MOA and below in my MVP.

Back