• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners hat on tour

LTB45 said:
1151077_568063226585881_1110180651_n.jpg

OK I give up, I've been staring at this for weeks and still can't see the hat. ;)

Hmmm....I see it. But I have inside info from Ltb....he told me.

Figures you used the camo one just to screw with me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shot the 930 in a bowling pin match this morning and got to turn a couple Benellis into a MO hat rack... :twisted:

One of the guys got my MO hat on video too (click image to play)...

undisclosed location at an old homestead that has been around since before the civil war broke out.

This is on private property and not many people know of its' existence and thus why it is virtually untouched and not destroyed. Not to mention that it's hard to get to even if you did know where it was.

True that time has eaten away at it and mother nature is reclaiming what is hers, but not by vandals. Far too secluded for that.

Would probably make an ideal bugout location considering the close proximity to fresh water, food, lumber, and natural shelter and far enough away from civilization to not draw attention other than slow and low flying aircraft or something equipped with thermal intentionally looking.

littleshepherdtrail031_zpsd1a231f5.jpg

John A. said:
undisclosed location at an old homestead that has been around since before the civil war broke out.

This is on private property and not many people know of its' existence and thus why it is virtually untouched and not destroyed. Not to mention that it's hard to get to even if you did know where it was.

True that time has eaten away at it and mother nature is reclaiming what is hers, but not by vandals. Far too secluded for that.

Would probably make an ideal bugout location considering the close proximity to fresh water, food, lumber, and natural shelter and far enough away from civilization to not draw attention other than slow and low flying aircraft or something equipped with thermal intentionally looking.

littleshepherdtrail031_zpsd1a231f5.jpg

Nice, John!

Thank you.

You had some great pics too.

I gotta work on my hat. After being stuffed into the saddlebags and tourpak for 5 days with all our stuff, as well as being in there since I got it, I can roll it up into nothing. Very floppy, needs a bunch of starch...LOL...

Gettysburg National Park (currently closed by Obummer) It looks like a plain old field but it's where the remains of Pickett's Charge fell back to. 12,000 good men in a mile wide skirmish line marched out to fight and 6000 made it back to this area.
1374925_10200849927954006_1393986421_n.jpg

Since the battle, this valley became known as the "slaughter pit". In some areas troops from both sides fell so close it was hard to walk. The Union commanded the high ground which helped them win the battle although the Confederacy almost dislodged them twice.
1374847_10200849928674024_1162775191_n.jpg

Some good ol' boys from Cobb County, GA, They came to visit and put on a display. They are part of a re-enactors club and they know more about the Civil War than anyone I ever met...right down to the tiniest details of the day to day soldier. I wish they flew a Confederate battle flag though. It's a shame people only associate it with racism..."heritage, not hate"
556838_10200849928274014_2007625461_n.jpg

Thanks Mossy. I need to get back next year. President Eisenhower is from Gettysburg and the next town east was having an Eisenhower WWII re-enactment. The Nazi re-enactors gave me the creeps though when we drove through town. Made me wish for the Mossberg :lol: ! Many of those "GI's" stopped at Gettysburg. It was so cool to see a WWII Willy's Jeep's with 4 guys in period correct clothes driving through town.

I remember as a kid in the '50's going to Gettysburg on a family vacation. Great times. Lots of great American history.

That was some great pics.

Also, I am glad that you didn't let the "shutdown" interfere with your normally scheduled plans.

Here's you a big well earned + REP

ani-emoticon-clapping.gif

Back