• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Patriot vs MVP??

MVP Predator or Patriot

• Total voters
I've recently been in the market for a new rifle, and have come down to two, the Patriot and MVP Predator. After sorting through the pros and cons, I have yet to make a decision. I know it's hard to compare two different rifles, but I am very open. I like how the MVP takes AR mags and i would probably buy it in .223, because of the things I want out of the gun. I want a versatile gun that i can shoot at the range without breaking by wallet, use for coyote hunting without ruining the pelt, and possibly deer hunt with(I know some say it's bad to hunt deer with a .223 but I've done it and had no problems humanely taking the deer). The problems with the MVP is that I've heard very mixed reviews about the gun, including accuracy, craftsmanship, loose bolt, etc. I like the Patriot very much because of the very little bad reviews. I was thinking in buying the one chambered in .243, but I would love to hear other suggestions! Please respond if you know anything about these guns and have suggestions!

I wouldn't weight your decision too much based on reviews. The Patriot hasn't been out very long, so there aren't very many reviews out there compared to the MVP. The other thing to think about is that unhappy people are far more likely to post a review than satisfied customers...

I wouldn't weight your decision too much based on reviews. The Patriot hasn't been out very long, so there aren't very many reviews out there compared to the MVP. The other thing to think about is that unhappy people are far more likely to post a review than satisfied customers...
Thank you sir

I've seen good reviews on the MVP...yet know very little on the Patriot.

Back