• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Just purchased this Maverick 88 12 ga extended mag tube with 20" barrel, I don't see my # on there anywhere for my Maverick 88 MV15XXX Y

Thank you for posting your numbers. Do you think you could post one more number of the serial number,,,,MV15?xxx

Thank you.

590 Mariner 8+1
Bought supposedly brand new in roughly 2002
J618xxx
15 year old "brand new" gun?... interesting.

Just had an epiphany - it was probably returned and resold until it finally just didn't come back, lol. Welcome home :cool:

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Looks like your Mossy is a 1985-1986

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Please keep us posted when you get some dates.:)

Sent email last night. Received info back by 8:30am. Thank you Norma Martinez.
I know this thread is mostly for the shotguns. I thought I'd post the info on my recently purchased used Mossberg 702 Plinkster.
Serial # EGG285xxx was serialized on July 2007 Country of origin: Brazil
So far, a great gun.

Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base for ALL Mossberg's.;)

Congrats on your "new to you Mossy". Yours is only the third 464 registered here so it's a little iffy.

You might want to email Mossberg and ask them.

Ms. Martinez has been very helpful to the members of MO.

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

Please keep us posted.:)

Hi...I'm new to this site and want to find out the years my Mossberg shotguns were made. One is a 12 gauge, serial #G090. The next one is a 16 gauge, serial #C892. Appreciate any info...thanks!!!

Welcome.....Looks like the 12ga is a 1972-1973. The 16ga 1970-1972.

We are still working on the data base,just understand this is educated guess.;)

You can email Mossberg and get the exact born date,,,,,,

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

She has helped many members here.

Keep us posted.

thank you for the quick response I'm not sure if it makes any difference on anything but my 16 gauge has a letter and 5 numbers on the serial number and my 12 has a letter and 6 numbers

Thank you. I'm not sure about the 16ga either. Hopefully you can get more info from Mossberg for us.

hey all just got some dates back from Mossberg 410ga-U71003xx early 2014.... 20ga-G3812xx late 1973.... 12ga-L3584xx mid 1993....12-J8741xx 1987... 16ga-652xx no report yet

Last edited:
Back