• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

Thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

I do not see MV258xxx. It is new. Would it be too early to post that series?

I read another post that said there is a date on the box. I have a new 12 ga w/28" bbl. The date is 2/12/2016

Last edited:
Not sure what to tell ya on this one. According to the charts MV258xxx is an older gun. Not saying it isen't new, it might be old stock. ????

You posted it!
I mean where is a reference to it? I did not see it listed in the list of numbers and dates. Lower than 258 looks like 1988? I thought you may have a more complete list than what is posted here. Maybe I should contact Joe at Mossberg. He has been helpful.

We have no list we go by other than what our members have posted. As members post their numbers we fill in the blanks.

If you contact Mossberg email
Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com
She can give you the born date of your gun.

Keep us posted.

Sorry you misunderstood how the serial number list worked. We started it a while back to create a reference chart where a member could take a look and get an idea when their gun was made.
The more members post their serial numbers the more the list fills in.
Mossberg has the master record.

I just got an email from Norma at Maverick/Mossberg. Here is her reply: (Although I am not sure it was serialized when it was manufactured)

"Thank you for your email, "hombre243" your serial number MV25870Y was serialized on Jan, 2016."

Thank you for posting your numbers. Look's like Mossberg is changing around their Maverick 88 numbers. I will update our data base.

Thank you for posting your numbers. Looks like yours was born in 1997. I will update our data base.

I just picked one up from someone for $200, not great deal but already broken in! Could've spent $250 for a brand new one at Wally World... but hey that $50 saved got me chokes, ammo, sling, and cleaning kit! But by looking at your list, it looks like mine was made in 1994... I have an email out to Mossberg and will let you guys know what they say! L652XXX

Congrats on your "new to you" Mossy and thank you for posting your numbers. Looks like you got yourself a 1994.

I've called them to get a build date and was given it immediately. You may have to wait on hold for a minute. I provided the full serial number and she looked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of time scale is normal, for a reply from Mossberg with my guns build date? Sent the email on 16nt of November.
Customer Service at Mossberg is getting a lot faster. I have called :
Scott Grigerek, 203 230-5488, sgregerek@mossberg.com, and
Claudia Duksa, 203 230-5559, cduksa@mossberg.com and
recieved excellent service within a 24 hour timeframe. Claudia stated
that Mossberg was hiring more customer service employees to improve
service.

Back