• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: Best for varmints?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Get the flat top and add flip up battle sights and a red dot or 3x9 scope.

Re: Best for varmints?

SHOOTER13 said:
Get the flat top and add flip up battle sights and a red dot or 3x9 scope.

^^^^^ This. It will give you the most flexibility when trying out different sights, scopes, etc.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Re: New flat top question.

Mine cam with sights but removed them put a set of Magpul flip-up sights and a red dot on mine. Did not care for the removable one that came with the gun.

1st Mossberg

So i am excited that there is a forum for Mossbergs and i am looking forward to many years of enjoyment with my soon be new purchase.Just want to know if im making the right choice. ok so i have a slim budget and want to pick up a mossberg .22 tactical. A few reasons why: Obviously the price.Acadamy has one for $259. Ammo is cheap(relativly speaking). Looks awesome. This is going to be my first rifle,I have had several pistols in the past and still do.Like i said first rifle. So short story long, is this going to be a worth while investment.?Thanks

Re: 1st Mossberg

.22 long rifles are great plinking. I'm not familiar with the mossberg .22 rifles but I've seen a few on the range I visit. I havent heard any complaints.

You'll get the itch for more power. I did and went 12 gauge from Mossberg.

Welcome and good shooting!

Welcome aboard!

A .22lr rifle is an excellent choice for a first rifle and great for training basic safety and shooting mechanics. Just in case you are not aware, the Mossberg 715 Tactical is actually a model 702 Plinkster inside a plastic shell to make it look like an AR type rifle. They are great little rifles for the price and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Like any other .22lr, I'd suggest spending a little more on some quality ammo in the beginning. New rifles and cheap rimfire ammo are usually a bad combination that lead to a lot of frustration. New .22s can be very finicky during their break in period and using CCI Mini Mags or Stingers for the first 500 rounds or so will go a long way toward a proper break in.

Keep us posted if you decide to pick one up. We'd love to see your impressions and review of the model...

Wellhowdy newtoguns :D
It's hard to beat a .22 for some fun shooting .
....don't forget to post some photos... ;)

M715T

New to the site... Picked it up last week; of course out to the range this past weekend; shoots nice, easy to sight in, no fftf or fte... Have a problem with the mag (can on load 10max and no more will go in) & even though bolt is locked back after last shot, as soon as the mag is removed, the bolt closes (is this normal?

Has anyone had similar problems; if so please tell me how it was solved.

thanks...

Re: M715T

Heyhowzitgoin' Model 1911 :D

Are you actually pulling the bolt back and pushing it in to lock it ?
After last shot the bolt is simply stopped by the magazine follower (red) and is not locked .

Re: M715T

One of my magazines gets a little sticky around the 16th round, I just have to push harder on the supplied loader cap and the bullet will slip past whatever is in there causing it to stick. Once past that it loads normally and I haven't had any problems firing.

Does This Gun Have A Dust Cover?

I saw a picture on the forum of someone who has a dust cover on their rifle. I have the flat top mossberg tactical it doesn't have a dust cover though. I always keep it closed when it's stored away but was just curious if there is a way of installing a dust cover?

Re: Does This Gun Have A Dust Cover?

Not with the side charging handle.

There's no way the dust cover would be able to close...

oh yea....fail...i never thought of that for some stupid reason lol...be nice if they kept the charging handle on the back like it is on every other ar

Not bashing you and glad you like it, but it's not even close to an AR. It's a model 702 that someone put in a plastic case that resembles the way an AR15 looks.

If you want to keep dust off of the bolt, you may could cover the port with some black tape.

First plinkster

So after weeks of contemplating is finally ordered my first mossberg tactical 22. I know i couldve went to gander ($299) or Academy sports ($259) and got it right away but i went to the local guy in Oak Ridge TN and he matched Academy for $259. I like to support the little guys plus i bought from the before. Next weekend is play time! :twisted: :twisted:

Re: First plinkster

congrats, its a great gun....my first recommendation is to take it apart and clean it first....the grease they use from factory is very think and will get dirty very fast.

Bought her the Tactical for Christmas!!!

Ok I know it's early but that's why I went ahead and purchased it.... So that I can work out any issues before I give it to her. Doing some research on this awesome site, I think I made a good choice to do that! I loved the price and I think she'll love it! She's been wanting a tactical rifle for her BOB and she hates the larger rounds for the recoil. Anyhoo, here's my first issue.

It will not load a single hollow point Winchester from the box of 555 that I bought from Walmart, just like my SKS I believe the feed ramp is too steep? Have any of you guys had this issue and fixed it by taking a dremel and increased the angle on the feed ramp? Otherwise I just wasted two boxes of the Winchester cause Walmart won't return ammo.

I bought the version with the carry handle, and after reading up I'm fully prepared to make the forward shroud collar mods to keep it from twisting the site setup (even though I'm putting my extra NCStar red dot on I still want the 'iron sites' lol to be effective.

I did get all 25 rounds in the mag and it will be sitting like that for several days (plus ill be ordering some more mags).

I'd upload a picture or two but photobucket is being a butt right now.

Re: Bought her the Tactical for Christmas!!!

Congrats...I'm sure she will love it...and you !!

Re: Bought her the Tactical for Christmas!!!

Welcome Aboard!! Great choice and you BOTH will love it!! Haha
Also, as far as Winchester ammo goes, I don't like any of it. Other than the Milspec 00 buck, their ammo is junk in my guns. Try some CCI or Federal :)

Just got a new tactical .22

I really want to just unpack it and run some bullets through it. Does anyone suggest I need to clean it first, or is it okay to start feeding it some ammo?

Back