• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Got mine there this week as well.I hope I,ve got mags inbound,time will tell.Planning any upgrades?I put a TrueGlow non magnifying red-dot on the handle.Works out well for me.Let us know how your first outting goes.

Pagan said:
Hello All,

Just got my 715t yesterday (Carry Handle Version). Paid $299 at Gander Mountain. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet but am looking to get out this week. Lots of good info on this site. Can't seem to find magazines anywhere but I guess that's the time we're in. Backordered a couple but no real expectation they'll be here any time soon.

Your best bet for mags is to call Mossberg sales directly...

(800) 363-3555

They've still got mags in stock. The 25 rounders are $29.99 and 10 rounders are $12.00...

Hi new to this. Ive just got my mossberg 715t with carry handle and installed a barska scope. When I sited it in at 30 yards everything was good. I moved in to 15 yards and was hitting low. I moved out to 50 yards and was hitting high. But it was dead on at 30 yards. Is it because the scope is mounted on the carry handle making very high. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sight height does come into play when zeroing your optic, but as long as the height stays consistent it won't have any effect on your point of aim/point of impact relationship when shooting at different yardage.

Once fired, a bullet travels in an arc that will affect its POI at various distances. With a 30yd zero, your average .22lr load will impact approximately 1.75" low at 15yd and approximately 1.40" high at 50yd. That'd give you a total variation of just over 3", give or take. Is that what you're seeing or are you shooting 4" high at 50yd and 4" low at 15yd?

Hi everyone, I just got my new 715t flat top and I am looking for somewhere to buy an extra stock and shell for it. I want to paint/customize this one but still would like to have the stock black tactical look sometimes.

Yes around 4 inches high at 50 and 3 inches low at 15. I've got 4 and 1/8 inches highth difference from center of scope to center of barrel that I think may have some to do with it.

Brownr715t said:
Hi everyone, I just got my new 715t flat top and I am looking for somewhere to buy an extra stock and shell for it. I want to paint/customize this one but still would like to have the stock black tactical look sometimes.

Welcome aboard!

You'll need to call Mossberg sales directly, but I don't think they sell the shells separately...

(800) 363-3555

bradd87 said:
Yes around 4 inches high at 50 and 3 inches low at 15. I've got 4 and 1/8 inches highth difference from center of scope to center of barrel that I think may have some to do with it.

With the irons sighted in at 30yd, do you get different results?

Haven't tried the irons sights since I installed the scope. I'm not a very big fan of the iron sights on this gun.

that's odd, i had replied last night to Brownr715t, but it is not here. When i was having my first issue with the 715t, i asked on one of my phone calls to mossberg about buying the flattop shell. they are not available for sale, although when mine came back from repair, it had the flat top shell on it, at no charge. I took the liberty in the "Edna/sales rep thread" to ask if she could suggest to the higher ups that people are asking for the shells to be sold as an accessory, and if not, why.

bradd87 said:
Haven't tried the irons sights since I installed the scope. I'm not a very big fan of the iron sights on this gun.

Shooting it with the irons at the same distances to compare results is the best way to determine if your variation is being caused by the optic or if it's just how the firearm prints at those distances. Otherwise, just zero for your average shooting distance and adjust your point of aim as you change your range...

First post!

Just picked up a 715T Flat Top last night. Was hoping to get the one with the RedDot scope, but the store did not stock that model and only had 2 of the Flat Tops left. Academy $279

Also picked up a bucket of Remington Golden 22's and can't wait to get this little guy to the range.

I have a lot of other rifles and pistols, but the only other one that is related is the Westerfield 30-06 that I inherited from my father. My research tells me it is a Mossberg 810 that was rebadged for sale at Montgomery Wards.

I need to find some cool things to bolt to my 715t now... :mrgreen:

well i hope I don't have too many issues with the Remingtons. I got 1400 rounds! :lol:

Not too fond of the forward grip. I have one on my Hi Point 995ts and don't really care for it. Will probably remove it. I could bolt it onto the 715t since it is rail mount.

Definitly looking for a bipod, possibly a laser/flashlight, and a scope. Don't know if I want a RedDot type or one that actually has some magnification. So i'm reading lots of forum posts.

i wanted a red dot and magnification but didn't wanna spend more on a sight/scope than i spent on the gun...lol

i was going to buy the bucket, but figured i'd get the 325 round box to try first. the goldens are the only ones i have trouble with so far after having a few trips back to mossberg.

i just used the grip to show that deals can be found on amazon. so far i have bought a grip, my sight, and a quick release sling mount that goes on the rail. a sling on the forward mount will interfere with the paracord sling i am making, and i wanted something i could easily take off.

Hi every one. Just found this forum a few days ago. Some good looking rifles on here. I have the cary handle model and have a question. I've noticed the operating handles on some of the rifles does not look like mine. Mine looks like the regular 702 handle. Is this something that has been added or am I missing a part?

Back