• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Optics

I just bought the A2 carry handle model. I am concerned about an appropriate scope setup being so high above the line of sight on top of the carry handle. I had another tactical like this and had a very hard time coming up with a scope solution. I could never get enough elevation adjustment to bring it in on target with the scope sitting so high.

Ok a report on my first day at the range with this gun. Let us just say...it was way less than enjoyable. It was totally impossible to bring the scope into calibration as originally mounted. Max. right windage adjustment still left me nearly 8" left. So I had to pop for another $30 for a set of Millet scope mounts. Finally after over an hour of mount removal and remount I was finally able to get a reasonable 3-4" pattern at 50yds. The come the feeds problems. About 1 out of every 6-8 rounds did not feed properly. I attribute this to the absolute miserable design and quality of the magazine along with the guns Magazine retention. I hope this gets better.

Alright picked up a 715t flat top I'm looking to put multiple accessories on it but don't want to spend a lot of money. Right now I'm looking for a laser sight preferably green but red is fine too. I'm not looking to spend the price for a viridian or around that price. Do you guys know of any good lasers for a good value?

i got a laser/ flashlight off of ebay for around 75. the flashlight is very bright and it has a remote pressure switch.

I recently bought a Truglo open reflex sight but I don't like how small it is. Is there any open reflex sights that have a bigger "viewing area" for lack of a better term?

Red dot type sights are used with both eyes open. When done this way you should not see the tube or any part of the sight, just the dot, and the projected image area size shouldn't matter.

Hi Gang,

Got a dual optic question.

I have a 715T with the carry handle.

I run a Leupold VX-1 I am running off the carry handle. I want to run a Deltapoint Reflex sight off the main rail, so I can sight it through the carry handle. Any one have this set up? Or should I just run it off the side?

Thanks!
DP

I just recently bought a Mossberg 715T w/ Carry Handle and a 1x30mm red dot made by tasco. My problem is every time I try to mount the red dot on the plastic rail, the rail is too wide for the red dot. What can I do?

Back