• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Paint Jobs

Abel1126

Copper BB
I just got my tac 22, and was wondering if anyone would know if I was to take it apart and paint the poly parts ( fore end rails and body housing ) would it affect any of the action. I don't plan on caking the stuff on as to not make the rails usable, just don't like the way the plastic looks and thought that would give it a better look. I wouldn't be painting any of the metal parts as to where the coating would heat up or burn off so I can think of anything that would be a problem with it.

Also I know there are a ton of websites for AR parts that would work with the rail system on the tac 22, just wondering if anyone knew of any really good sites that you've done business with.

Thanks Brothers

Re: Few ?s for new tac 22

Welcome aboard!

Don't see why it would cause any issues with the action since none of the painted surface would contact any moving parts. I would however, do your research on paints for plastic surfaces. Getting a good, durable coat on plastic can be very difficult even with paints that are advertised as "made for plastic". Let us know how it turns out...

Few ?s for new tac 22

8e2e830a-1a06-1073.jpg

Doesn't affect function at all. Just take it all apart, put the receiver/barrel assembly (the working portion of the rifle)

Then paint away. As for accessories, anything that mounts to a rail will pop right on.

Best thing to do is some google searching for firearms accessories.

Also as far as add ons and personalization, this forum has lots of info on the tac 22

Re: Few ?s for new tac 22

Thanks bello,

Dude your tac 22 looks awesome, I was thinking of doing a rubberized type coating maybe something like spray on bed liner, something with a little texture to give it some more grip. But after seeing yours I may do the rubber coat and then mabe do a dark camo pattern. Thanks for the picture

Few ?s for new tac 22

No problem! I used krylon plastic ultra flat rattle cans.

If your using something rubberized or thicker, be sure to tape off where the magazine release moves. If you don't, I would assume it will jam it up.

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Painting From Pink To Camo

Edit: Apologies... Guess I should have read all the posts before repying. :D

Can I ask specifically what kind of spray paint is best used for painting the plastic housings?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Painting From Pink To Camo

lakeview trucker said:
http://duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/ You have to check this out!

Too expensive for me.

I use Krylon engine paint rattle cans from the auto store. Sticks to anything, and even a hot barrel doesn't affect it.

Here's the base rattle can I just did, the rest will be done Desert Camo by hand. I cut the carrying handle and front site off myself. Removed the stock as well. 50yrds and in for this gun, won't need it. Scope or RDS will be added, depending on which works better (probably RDS).

It's not as "pinkish" as it looks, just the flash from my phone camera.

Rootbrain

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 3,270
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 3,271
I just ordered some Krylon paint cans to paint my rifle. I was just wondering if there's any prep needed to do before painting. I've heard different things to do before painting it. However, I'm not painting the whole thing just a few parts. Any info would help.
Thanks.

Finished. Decided against the desert camo.

Rootbrain

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360617140777.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360617140777.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 3,098
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360617157449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360617157449.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3,095
Uncle Garebear said:
Looks awesome man! Kinda looks like the ATACS FG camo pattern. Very nice!
Thanks. Pretty happy with the way it came out considering I have no talent for it, lol.

Not sure about the scope, haven't been out to the range with it yet. May change to an RDS.

Rootbrain

Sayyyy....those look pretty suh-weet fellerz.

Greetings! So I decided to paint my 715T and thought I would share my journey with the good folks here in the forum! I did quite a bit of research and decided to go with a digital camo pattern in a ‘woodland’ type color scheme: A khaki color for the base, then layers of darker brown, a forest green, and black.

I started by cutting out male “digital” style stencils. I made the stencils by placing the wide blue painters tape on wax paper and then cutting them out with an exacto knife.

I then disassembled the gun removing the shell from the actual gun. Because of the way this gun comes apart, it makes it really easy to paint without having to mask areas off.

At this point I have applied the first coat of paint, as seen in the pictures. I hope to start applying stencils tonight and then another coat. I will post pictures as I progress.

Paint used:
1st layer: Krylon Camouflage Paint with Fusion Technology – Khaki (4291)
2nd layer: Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Satin Brown Boots (2441)
3rd layer: Krylon Camouflage Paint with Fusion Technology – Woodland Light Green (4296)
4th layer: Krylon Camouflage Paint with Fusion Technology – Black (4290)

Attachments

• Paint1.jpg
    Paint1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 2,957
ncavara said:
At this point I have applied the first coat of paint, as seen in the pictures. I hope to start applying stencils tonight and then another coat. I will post pictures as I progress.

I'm looking forward to seeing it done... :cool:

ripjack13 said:
ncavara said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it done... :cool:

Me too. Making me wish I took a little more time. Like an hour and a half, lol :grin:

Rootbrain

Back