• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Paint Jobs

Here's the third layer and fourth layer, a dark grey then white to finish it off.

fedrjOv.jpg

3VRPYgc.jpg

N1KM3nt.jpg

all the pics of your 715t's got me thinking I wanted to change the looks of mine, so, today I stripped it down to clean-as per the video I found on another posting, and while it was apart I picked up some paint and went to town, do you think it needs anything else?

Attachments

• DSC01962.JPG
    DSC01962.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,284
I'm really liking the all black of mine, I just wish the rails were shorter like on the flat top.

Ok.now i hope i dont get a bunch of negativity from anybody,because this is just a question.i have not dont it. Im only curious.
Has anybody painted their guns any other color than white,tan,camo or any sorts? Im talking like a custom paint job.such as blue,green,red, pink,and so on..colors are only examples. Reason im asking is because i do quite a bit of painting on racecars and i have a TON of colors left over. And im not a fan of the "normal" colors that guns are done in.if there is such a thing called normal..lol
its either black,or a automotive color for me...but im only curious about it.so if anybody has done anything like this,can you post pics.
I know theres a couple of people that have done pink for thier wives and such,so that i know has been done..
Thanks guys.

I say go for it! Just make sure you post before and after pics. I have absolutely zero artistic talent but managed to slop on some camo. Hard to mess that up. Or maybe I did, but the camo hides it? :grin:

Rootbrain

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368140146162.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368140146162.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,198
chrispn said:
I decided to pick up a flat top the other day and went ahead and gave it a paint job. Nothing too fancy but here it is.

iEumZio.jpg

Love this a lot! Very CLEAN! I'm thinking about doing this but adding some subtle digital tiger stripe using black and some darker green, similar to this pattern, mine is plain black at the moment and needing some custom paint :twisted:
Tigerpat.gif

Decided to paint it yesterday, even with humidity at about 80% but still looks good, a little more gray than intended but nice nonetheless
2013-06-04

Baby Got A New Coat

Of paint that is. My daughter decided the Mossy was too boring in all black so I was recruited to sprucen it up a bit. At least I supplied the labor portion. Since I'm more or less setting this up for her, she picked out the color and how it was to be painted. She opted for a light forest green and black, so that's what I got. I think she picked out a good combination and layout. What do you think.

Thanks @rpippins for posting all the pictures of the process. I always wondered what it would take to do a paint job like that. Awesome job!

Gunowner99 said:
Out of my league, I'll stick to painting ammo cans.

It's not as bad as you think, especially the shell on the 715. If you want to do a digi camo pattern, why not use the ammo cans to practice on. You can find free camo pattern generators on line, use those to get your patterns. Cut them out using painters tape, grab a can and have at it. I plan on doing a camo on my 10/22 stock and I'm going to practice on something.
Now, I'll be the first to admit that when I refinished my 1911 I was nervous. I wanted to do it right and that involved tearing it all the way down to the frame and I've never done that before. I studied my butt off, reading all I could and watching videos on YouTube. I ordered my Duracoat, and just went for it, after saying a prayer that is. I don't know if God is a fan of the 1911 or not. but I was real happy with how it turned out. You never know what you're capable of until you try it.

Back