• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- What ammo you using?

I put 300
Winchester super x 40 g through had2 ftf an 2 fte. Next I tried 300 rem thunder bolts and had no fte or ftf put some of both in mag and had a ton of trouble.winchester are are copper tips and remare lead.Ive been reading not to use and don't know why.

Mine has cycled everything I have fed it, Winchester, Federal, CCI. I have only tried ammo rated 1050 fps and above and have had very good luck sticking to those numbers.

constant fte's

ok the 715 out for a little while today and I had nothing but problems with Winchester m22 ammo. It seemed that every second or third round would try to eject to the left, and and block the bolt. Or, it would kick the spent shell out but then the next round would stove pipe. I did try one of the more commonly found on youtube, and put a little dab of glue on the top of the spring.

Here's where it gets weird... a friend of mine was out there with me and tossed me a box of federal ammo, cycled every round perfectly. Does anybody have a list of what feeds better, like copper, truncated cone, hollow or solid point? Heck I'd even be willing to entertain suggestions on manufacturers.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I've used 1 50rd box of Aguila Interceptor ammunition with no FTF or FTE but that's $9 per 50.
I usually order my .22, CI Red Deluxe 40 gr. copper high velocity, from Freedom Munitions in 500rd. boxes but they have been out of stock lately.
No FTE with the CI. One problem with FTF but I think that was my mistake racking it for the first time.
I saw one question about Remington .22 Thunderbolts. How was your experiences in a 715T or other semi auto rifles?
Around here .22LR is hard to come by on a regular basis and I was thinking of ordering a 500rd. box from Natchez, They have a limit of 1 box per day.
It's a bit expensive but I'll pay for the convenience of having it delivered to my door 500 at a time.

So far armscor 36grain and American eagle 38grain and CCI velocitor 40grain have worked flawless. These guns need oiled a bit more than others.

I shot some golden bullets for the first time yesterday, And well? Two miss-feeds and one stove bolt. They work as long as I fire them slow. But when I rapid fire the golden bullets want to act strange. I think some are just not as hot as others, and they can't push back as fast. (Just my theory) I was trying to listen for softer pops but my ears are not so good because of a ringing in my ears. And I had ear protectors on.

I also may need to strip my rifle now. I have cleaned it each time with a bore cleaner and wipes in the barrel. But it may now need stripped. So far I have fired 300 rounds from it. And out of those 300 I had four miss feeds and two stove bolts. So I am counting that as very very good for a cheap rifle firing mostly Armscor.

Well today I went looking at the local Wally World for sub sonic ammo and all they carry is the Remington, Sub Sonic. When I bought my Mossberg Tac22 I also bought a box of Remington Golden Bullets and found a lot of jam issues and fail to fire. I blamed the jams on the magazine, but since doing my work on the mag and running CCI ammo, it's been flawless! So Wally, only carrying Remington, I was cautious and only bought a box of 50. Fired off a 10 rounder and had 1 jam and 1 fail to fire. I learned a couple lessons today! The fail to fire was stuck and I had no kinda tool to remove the bullet. So my range time was over and I made the hike back to the house. Lessons learned... stay away from Remington 22LR ammo and always carry my multi-tool!
Odd I have used the Rem. Thunderbolt 22lr with no problems....seems like everybody is getting too fancy for a basic plinker ? basic gun basic ammo, but im far from being an expert on the matter. lol but now just reading through i know what ammo not to try thanks guys.

...my 715t loves the winchester 36gr. 1280fps plated hollow points out of the 525 round white box....0 failures out of 300 shot today...

....also loves the remington lrn 40gr. thunderbolts....1 stovepipe out of 250 shot last weekend...

...also digs cci hollowpoints or round nose....

...aguila hp's were a little sketchy sometimes, and the powder has a funny smell to it...

...the 10 round mag feeds everything fine...

...the 25 round mag needs attention to loading to fire flawless...be sure the bullets are all seated properly, or it will not feed them...a tap or two on the bottom of the mags helps a lot...

...happy shooting...

...if youre having trouble loading the 25 rd mag, try pushing in the bottom 2 rounds that are showing in the mag with a ball point pen...really helps get the rounds to seat and load better....

Back