• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Reviews...

Man, When you start the build, start a thread on here too under the Tac .22 sub-forum!

Be as instructive as you can be and with pics, maybe do a vid too to cover what you do!!! I think a Mossberg Owners channel for YouTube may be in the works, so that would be pretty sweet to have on there!

I'm still not crazy about this .22, but if you can do the stuff youre talkin about, it could be a pretty nice and very inexpensive gun!

I will see what I can do for video. My Cannon can do video but it's not a dedicated type video camera. Pics are no problem. I think it'll be a fun build. I've seen a few vids of guys that have taken the 702 and put them into Airsoft frames but a decent Airsoft frame and 702 together are more than the Tactical so once again it's fun but not cost efficient.

I'll get pics and stuff as soon as I get the rifle. I still need to get my PAL (possession & acquisition license) back in the mail before I can take it from the sporting goods store but I will start getting the pieces together. If anyone reading this can find a place that has the 25 shot magazines available now, that'd be super. There's no restrictions on magazine size on rimfire rifles but sporting goods stores can't or won't import them into Canada.

I know a guy with S&J Hardware in Canada, Simon Beeson. S&J imports gun equipment and hardware (some of my leather work included, though theres certainly no restriction) from the US, they may be able to help, but cant say for sure. They primarily deal with SG's.

Have u had a chance to mod ur carry handle yet ? I have been thinking about doing this wondered how it went with ur project . I think it would look much better with a flat top when using a scope or red dot .

MossyAR said:
Have u had a chance to mod ur carry handle yet ? I have been thinking about doing this wondered how it went with ur project . I think it would look much better with a flat top when using a scope or red dot .
I'm still waiting for it to get here. The Tactical's with the 25shot clip on are on back order at our local supplier but supposed to be in right around the time I finish my PAL/RPAL course. I've got the handle, rails, cheek pad rest and a couple other bits and pieces so I can get started as soon as the rifle arrives.

how will u mount the top rail when u cut off the carry handle. the mounts on a weaver rail the screws are in the center, on the mossberg the stock splits in the center so u wont be able to mount it.

MossyAR said:
how will u mount the top rail when u cut off the carry handle. the mounts on a weaver rail the screws are in the center, on the mossberg the stock splits in the center so u wont be able to mount it.
The body of the gun is basically hollow so by running a plastic rib under where the handle used to be in the hollow, it will give me a surface to screw the new rail onto. I'll be doing the same type of thing when I change out the handle on it too.

I passed my PAL/RPAL so now just have to wait for the gun licenses to arrive in the mail and I can get started on my project.

Sounds more like ur tryin to purchase a tank.... man i am so glad its not that hard to buy here. I went in the local gun shop saw it 20 min later i was headed home with my new toy! Anyway tell them to hurry lol. I wana tear into mine so bad i cant stand it .... but some guidence would be greatly appreciated !

MossyAR said:
Sounds more like ur tryin to purchase a tank.... man i am so glad its not that hard to buy here. I went in the local gun shop saw it 20 min later i was headed home with my new toy! Anyway tell them to hurry lol. I wana tear into mine so bad i cant stand it .... but some guidence would be greatly appreciated !
My basic intent is to copy what I did with the Airsoft in my sig but i'll most likely use rail covers rather than a dedicated round forearm. I'll be posting pics as I do it.

If any of you Americans locate the 25rd magazines at a place that has them IN STOCK, please let me know. I've found 3 places to buy them but they are ALL waiting for them to come into stock.

I have one of these 22 tacticals and think it's a great gun. The one problem I am having is it jams every once in a while. Not to sure if it's the ammo I'm using or what it is. I'm going to try a better brand of ammo and see what happens. Also I'm looking for a bigger 25rnd mag for this as well anyone knows of any in canada let me know. I have a line on one but they are still backordered.

br77 said:
I have one of these 22 tacticals and think it's a great gun. The one problem I am having is it jams every once in a while. Not to sure if it's the ammo I'm using or what it is. I'm going to try a better brand of ammo and see what happens. Also I'm looking for a bigger 25rnd mag for this as well anyone knows of any in canada let me know. I have a line on one but they are still backordered.

I would try a different brand of ammunition.

As far as 25rd mags, all the sites that I see carrying them are backordered. So far the only one I've seen is the Mossberg factory model. Not sure if aftermarket mags will be made for this gun or not.

MossyAR said:
P@rick have u had a chance to get started on ur gun yet ? i got the rails just waitin on u man lol
I'm still waiting for my gun licenses to arrive so I can pick my guns up from the gun shop.

Youtube Review

This kid did a pretty decent job. Video is well made and well edited.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oGtUAFafPo[/youtube]

Ok so my firearms permits finally came through and after checking several places.......still no word on those 25rd magazines. I've already checked the Canadian suppliers and they won't be bringing in the 25rd guns nor the magazines and I'm very reluctant to start my project if all it's going to end up with is a dinky 10rd magazine.

Any of our American friends got any ins for getting the 25rd magazines??

Man that sux! From what I understand, theyre difficult to find here too right now.

I haven't seen anyone get a 25rd magazine yet but I will do some searching to see what I can find.

DHonovich said:
I haven't seen anyone get a 25rd magazine yet but I will do some searching to see what I can find.
I searched end of last year and beginning of this year and found 3 or 4 places in the US that had them listed but out of stock and as of yesterday, they were still listed as out of stock with no estimate of arrival.

I found a couple places that were selling the rifle with the 25rd mag but they too are out of stock.

So I got an e-mail from Hinterland Outfitters telling me they finally had the 25rd magazines in stock. I went through the link and it was still saying out of stock. Looked at the e-mail again and it did say that if the items was listed as out of stock, it had sold out again. Called them and was told they were out of stock......again. Grand total of 1:45 mins from the time I received the e-mail.

Back