• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Reviews...

Yeah they go fast. I'm on several e-mail lists for them. I want 2 more, but I guess I should be happy that I have one at all :)

whats the word on this 22? have you done any mods to it yet?

ripjack13 said:
whats the word on this 22? have you done any mods to it yet?

Mods to date...

TruGLo Red/Green dot sight
Magpul MOE stock
Magpul AFG grip
Rail covers
Chopped the front sight tower off
Added adjustable aluminum sight tower
Some FDE (flat, dark earth) paint here and there

Well we FINALLY got the 25rd tactical's local to me so I got one on the way. The build can finally begin. I got my PAL/RPAL in the late winter but at that time Canada didn't have the 25rd rifles and wasn't going to waste my time with the 10rder if the 25 mags couldn't be found. In the meantime.....I built a CZ858 from the Czech Republic. Here's a couple pics of it to keep you occupied while I build my Tactical 22!!
IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Love mine so far, just make sure to dissasemble and get rid of that sticky factory grease from the action, and it should eat up all kinds of ammo.

Mine even cycles fine with 1050fps subsonics!

I wish an aftermarket company would start making magazines for the Tac22. I can't walk into a sporting goods store without tripping over a rack of 10/22 25 rounders. Love my little Mossy! Just need the 25's to be avail. Rather be shooting than spending time reloading 10 rounders! I know sooner or later they will produce more, just wish it was sooner :)

New here, looking for info opinions on flat vs. carry handle

Hi guys,

I posted this in the New Member forum but was told I'd probably get better responses here.

I'm new to this site and relatively new to guns in general. I have a Springfield XD 9mm that I've gotten fairly proficient with and now want to move on to getting a tactical 22. I did some research and Mossberg seems to be the most affordable. Tough to find them though!

I've been thinking of getting the flat top one but it seems like you have to buy accessories such as sights and scopes and I'm not real savvy about that sort of thing nor very handy at assembling things so I'm wary of doing that.

On the flip side, the ones with the carry handle seems to come with everything I need but I've heard they're hard to sight as you have to adjust for the carry handle being in the way and if you put a scope on it you have to adjust the front sight.

Just kind of looking for the pros and cons of each before I purchase. Any info or opinions would be appreciated!

Here's what I'm currently looking at in terms of the carry handle style Mossberg.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...l Semi-Automatic 22 Long Rifle 25+1 Capacity/

Re: Youtube Review

JJC said:
This kid did a pretty decent job. Video is well made and well edited.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oGtUAFafPo[/youtube]

That was a great review. As I said in my post above, I'm new to this world so that was a lot of good info for a newbie like me!

Here's the Mrs Shooting my Tactical .22 at the range. She is a good shot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWl6FjMftwo&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

Re: New here, looking for info opinions on flat vs. carry ha

I'm not familiar specifically with the Tactical 22 but a little but with the AR platform in general.

If you add a scope to a carry handle the scope will set above the sights. I'm not sure what you will have to adjust up front.

My AR has a fixed front sight and a flat top receiver. I added my own rear sight. If I added a scope/red dot and did not raise it off of the receiver the front sight would appear in my sight picture. Some people like this some do not. Many will add a folding rear sight as backup in case the optics fail.

Some flat tops have neither rear nor front sights. This allows even more customization or the ability to mount a scope lower without a front sight being in the picture or combinations or optics and folding iron sights.

Personally I prefer the flat top models as I can add whatever I want to them, even a carry handle.

It might help if we knew what you planned on using this gun for; let the mission drive the gear. Sorry if I just muddied the waters more for you but these guns are the legos of the gun world and I agree it can be a bit overwhelming til you get your feet wet.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum cwoy2j !!

If I had know about the flat top model, I would have got one instead of the carry handle. The carry handle rail is crooked on mine. I have read about a few others having the same problem. Go for the flat top.

New Purchase-Presently Surprised

My grandson wanted this as his first gun and received parents O'K, so it arrived last night.

I had read some bad reviews, including comments that it was all just junk plastic, cheaply made,etc.

I was pleasantly surprised-my view: very well made-tough plastic-good weight and balance-feels very solid and looks great-adjustable stock to grow with and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

When my grandson sees it this coming weekend, I know he is going to love it and I am going to love teaching him all about safety, proper use and the fun of target shooting.

The gun will stay with me, safely locked up for his visits.

Re: New Purchase-Presently Surprised

Awesome.

A .22 is a great gun to get started on.

+1 rep to ya for teaching your grandson about firearms and safety!

Many of the negative reviews you see out there are from AR enthusiasts who simply handle one in a gun store and never fire the weapon. Sure if you compare it to a $1000 AR-15 it isn't the same, but that's not what the platform is meant to be. It's a great .22lr training weapon and an excellent choice for a young beginner.

Keep us posted on his first range report. We'd love to see pics of the giant smile on his face...

thanks all-I'll keep you posted-yeah I am frugal (ok cheap) and watch my $ since I am retired- which is why I went the least cost approach for an "army" looking gun and he doesn't really care or know about different gun manufacturers yet.

Hey-I'll no doubt enjoy shooting it myself. Haven't shot a 22lr in awhile - easier on the ammo $.

BeRight said:
thanks all-I'll keep you posted-yeah I am frugal (ok cheap) and watch my $ since I am retired- which is why I went the least cost approach for an "army" looking gun and he doesn't really care or know about different gun manufacturers yet.

Hey-I'll no doubt enjoy shooting it myself. Haven't shot a 22lr in awhile - easier on the ammo $.

Careful of that cheap ammo. This gun just doesn't like it.

I meant that .22lr ammo in general is cheaper than 9mm I usually shoot.

I have only run about 100 rounds through with sighting and play time, but it shoots like a dream and has not had any misfires or jams for me. Mine has the non-adjustable stock but I found the pin and with a key ring, made it adjustable. I am using a BSR Red dot for sights. I plan to get another one soon. Have two extra clips and nothing but fun ahead. No complaints on the 715T.

Back