• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

thanks lazy eye...i think i'm stuck with it, the wife won't budge...i was thinking going with the smith, because it has a lifetime warranty as opposed to the one year warranty that i am 1/3 of the way through already...

i'm going to be starting a paracord sling for it tonight...if i have enough black left...

i may even paint it this week...

it did seem a little more accurate today too...i'll have to wait until spring to zero it in a little more...because i am planning on putting a red dot or scope on it...and some drop down sights...

ripjack13 said:
Are you asking what caused the bullet to look like your pic? or are you asking what caused the FTE?

What would cause the gouging on the bullet. Have not seen another bullet like that so i am not too concerned.

The guns reliability seems to be getting better. It might FTE once or twice per trip to the range (150-250rds) versus the 1-3 times per magazine like when It was brand new.

^ Those little .22 bullets are pretty soft and if it gets caught sideways in the action it can leave all kinds of gnarly marks. A couple of my .22 pistols have chewed up a few like that...

speedyquad said:
thanks lazy eye...i think i'm stuck with it, the wife won't budge...i was thinking going with the smith, because it has a lifetime warranty as opposed to the one year warranty that i am 1/3 of the way through already...

i'm going to be starting a paracord sling for it tonight...if i have enough black left...

i may even paint it this week...

it did seem a little more accurate today too...i'll have to wait until spring to zero it in a little more...because i am planning on putting a red dot or scope on it...and some drop down sights...

Not sure what type of red dot you're lookin for, but I've been using this little SightMark Mini Shot for over a year now and it's been great...

Sightmark Mini Shot Holographic Reflex Sight Review

if i go with a red dot, that will probably be the one. i haven't decided if i want a red dot or something with a little more magnification.

and i did not have enough black for the sling...i'm hoping a local store has some black in stock...if not i'll be ordering it tonight...

Good to hear it's starting to work for you Speedy.
This past weekend I put another 300 rounds through mine without any failures whatsoever...and yet the first month I owned it I felt I had made a huge mistake with all the failures.
It seems this gun...no matter what needs at least 1000 rounds through it before everything settles.
Anyhoo...I put this Leapers on it about 1000 rounds ago http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php? ... 8W&status= and am very pleased.
At 50 yds it puts all rounds in a 3 or 4" circle pulling the trigger as fast as I can.

First post on this site, but I have used it for the past month I have had my 715t. I've searched everywhere in the forums for an answer about this. I've found a couple people mention it but nothing concrete. My bolt will stick open in the locked position every 5-7 rounds. It is not the magazine stopping the bolt it is the charge handle somehow getting in the locked postion. It's not a huge problem
Because all I have to do is pull the handle out of the locked postion and it loads the next round it's just annoying. Now I'm to the point that I just want to shave off where it looks inside the chamber but that woul be stupid. Please does anyone have a suggestion. Or have had a similar problem.

Thanks to all this forum is great.

jm2190 said:
First post on this site, but I have used it for the past month I have had my 715t. I've searched everywhere in the forums for an answer about this. I've found a couple people mention it but nothing concrete. My bolt will stick open in the locked position every 5-7 rounds. It is not the magazine stopping the bolt it is the charge handle somehow getting in the locked postion. It's not a huge problem
Because all I have to do is pull the handle out of the locked postion and it loads the next round it's just annoying. Now I'm to the point that I just want to shave off where it looks inside the chamber but that woul be stupid. Please does anyone have a suggestion. Or have had a similar problem.

Thanks to all this forum is great.

that is what was happening with mine. i sent it back to mossberg(first trip back) and they replaced the "trigger housing assembly". that fixed that problem but created a second problem. it would fail to eject quite often. it went back a second time and all they told me was the action was hanging up. it seems to be ok now.

i would call them and send it back. make sure you tell them that it needs to function 100% before they return it to you.

Thats great news Ill call mossberg after Christmas break and see
what they'll do for me. Thanks guys
Also do you guys know anywhere to buy a new magazine I would even be ok with a 10 round magazine it seems everyone is sold out.

It's hit or miss with who you get on the phone, but ask for Edna if she's available.

She's a member here and has personally taken care of several of us. There are many others in Mossberg CS that will do the same, but I've read of a few bad eggs from reports here on the forum...

Mossberg tactical 22 jam

I'm having problems straight out of the box. My rifle will shoot about 3 rounds before not injecting a new round forcing me to to manually push the bolt in. I shot 200 Winchester Super X and 50 federal. I really hope this is just the ammo. Any suggestion guys?

Re: Mossberg tactical 22 jam

Welcome aboard!

Did you disassemble and clean the weapon before firing? There can be a LOT of factory grease and preservative in the action that can gunk it up. Other than that, it can take a couple hundred rounds to break in the action in these new .22s. Running some CCI Mini Mags or Stingers through it might help as well...

sounds similar to my issue. i, too bought it new and got maybe 10 rds through before the first jam. by the time i was at 100 rounds, the rifle had become a single shot, needing me to close the bolt after every round. i contact mossberg and sent it back to them. they replaced the "trigger housing assembly". i would love to say it came back perfect, but it did not. the feeding issue was solved, but i ended up with a failure to eject issue so it went back a 2nd time. i'm not sure it's 100% good yet, but i have only had 3 failure to eject jam ups in about 150 rounds since getting it back the 2nd time.

i would not wait too long, call mossberg and get it back to them...on their dime too...they will expect you to pay shipping to them. tell them that is unacceptable.

Update: I cleaned the weapon and tried a variety of ammo. Just when I was about to give up hope I shot a bulk box of Remington Cyclone through it and it shot like a champ. Only one no fire per 200 rounds. Also this thing is accurate without a scope making 2 inch grouping easy. I am very happy and now want to take out some squirrels. :)

I took my almost brand new flat top (200 rounds previously) to the range yesterday and shot about 50 rounds of Winchester xpert 22 hv 36 gr. Cycling issues with almost every shot. Thinking the chamber was dirty, I took it home and disassembled for cleaning. Right after I got the action out, I heard something drop and it was the firing pin. Appeared to have broken off. Picture below:

ufVt0.jpg

Now would that cause the cycling issues or is it the ejector and or bad quality ammo? Just wanted to get some advice before calling Mossberg and see if they can send me a replacement action.

After each shot, the spent casing would be stuck in the chamber. Leaving the next round in the magazine. In some cases where the spent casing is ejected, the new round is partially chambered.

Not sure if this is relevant but the range I shot at would only allow 6 rounds in the mag regardless of capacity.

The RO said that the hook (don't know the official name) that grabs the casing might be dirty, but it wasn't gunked up when I took it apart last night.

Back