• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Help with 1/2" x 28 TPI threading!

No problem sir.

Glad to be some help, even if it's not the answer he was probably looking for.

Re: 25 rd mag help need

I had the same problem when I first took my Mags out of the bag. I let them sit loaded with 25 rounds in them for a few days to loosen up the spring. Havent had the problem since. Worked for me, maybe it'll work for you

Hello all from beautiful Western Kentucky. I'm a newbe with a tact 22 "I heard that Santa Claus was
bringing me 1 for Xmas" Don't tell the better half, around hhere that could be very painfull if you
get my drift. One question, does everyone have feed issues, with both the standard and the 25
mag? I've been reading lots of problems with mag feed here on the forum.
Thanks

the 10 rd mag works flawlessly in these guys. the 25 rd mag can be problematic, but if you have some patience. with a little tinkering, I have got two bad working mags to fully function.

Possible FTE/FTF reason discovered

If any of you have fail to eject issues, I may have stumbled on a reason.

I started shooting only CCI tatical 22 ammo and up until yesterday, have not has a singlr instance of FTE or FTF...until yesterday.

Went to a 200 yard range just to see how my 715 would do against a friends AR-15, accuracy only, not knock-down power. Because it was so far, I figured I would warm up with a few 100 yard shots and that went fine, all 25 in the black on a 200 yard target, just as I expected. Moved the targets back to the 200 yard line and got ready.

Here is where it all went bad... Made it through about 3 shots and had a FTF. Tried to pull the mag out and it wouldn't go. Looked in the chamber and sure enough, the last spent shell was wedged between the wall and the next round. I figured it was just a fluke and cleared it out. Put the magazine back in and tried again...2 more shots and another jam, now I'm getting mad. Cleared that one and tried again...very next round jams on the way into the breech. Now its getting serious, not to mention embarrassing.

Cleared that jam and reloaded the magazine. Was standing, so I shot off the remaining rounds...about 12 in a row and no misfeeds???? Loaded another clip and shot all 25, standing again.

Hmmm, something clicked in my head...what was I doing while on the bench that I was NOT doing standing up? I finally figured it out...Leaning the weapon on the bottom of the magazine to help steady my shot at 200 yards is what was causing the failures.

So, to sum it up, magazine position is CRITICAL, even the smallest change of angle (in my case due to sitting the gun on the bottom of the mag) caused multiple misfeeds. Maybe those that see this problem are doing something similar, either loading the mag incorrect, or holding the gun and touching the mag, or the mag itself is out of line or something like that.

Next purchase is a bi-pod so that the same thing can't ever happen again.

Oh, and off-hand at 200 yards is really over my limit for accuracy!!!!!

Hope this helps anyone else that has had problems.

Re: Possible FTE/FTF reason discovered

Thanks for the post Doc!

I see folks at the range all the time resting their rifles on the heel of the mag. No matter what your platform it's not a good idea. To your point the added tension can cause feed issues, but it can also cause excess wear on the bolt...

Re: Possible FTE/FTF reason discovered

it says right in the manual or with the little slip of paper that comes with the magazine not to rest the fire arm on the magazine while firing.

unless mine somehow seats differently, i have only shot freehand standing up. i still have fail to ejects where the sent casing is getting pinned by the incoming round. i have my mags marked I,II,and III. mags I and III may do this 4 or 5 times during the 25 rounds, mag II dies it 0-2 per 25 rounds. it is being sent back to mossberg next week. this will be the 2nd time they will have my brand new 4 month old gun since i bought it it. after about 100 rounds, mine basically became a single shot using various kinds of ammo...the bolt would lock itself into the open position...sent it back to mossberg....they replaced the trigger housing assembly...feeding was much better, ejecting is now a problem and it is ready to go back...i'm pretty sure i'll be selling it when i get it back and upgrading to the smith and wesson m&p 15-22

Hello, I purchased my 715t a week ago and have yet been able to put a full 25rd through it without a jam(FTE I believe and stove pipe). i have put 200rds Remington and 300rds of cci minimag and still jams 2-3 times out of a clip. It cleaned it and did not get any better. I have been storing the clip with ammo and can get a full 25rd in at ease now. I also filled a burr off of the opening of the clip, didnt make much of a difference.

It doesn't matter if I put 10 or 25 rounds in, it always will jam at least twice.

Its fairly disappointing as this is my first firearm. I can pick up my fathers 35 year old ruger 10/22, that until recently wasn't fired for 20 years and have no problems at all, but this Mossberg is very problematic.

Any other tips or tricks for this? Should I order a different magazine to see if that helps? Or is it time to call mossberg and send it back.

Dave

One thing that helped my 25rd mag, was that I took it apart. and used JB weld to fix the spring permanently to the red plastic piece....that has mad a world of difference on my mags.

i have been having the same problem since mossberg replaced the trigger housing assembly. they suggested sending it back a 2nd time. it will be going back this week.

trigger adjustment

Has anybody, or does anybody know the procedure to adjust the trigger pull on the 715t? I'm trying get mine to bumpfire and it is near impossible for the recoil to overcome the force needed to pull the trigger. I can do it with my SKS. But have not been able to get it with the .22. I figure by reducing the trigger pull I can get to bumpfire no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Even if its advice on how to bumpfire the 715. Thanks

Update on my gun. I decided to lube it up liberally and head to the range again. Also bought some winchesterX 37 grain and cci blazer 40 grain to try from dunhams.

25 rds CCI mini mag 40 grain - 1 FTE
20 rds CCI mini mag 40 grain - 2 FTE
20 rds winchesterX 37 grain - 0 FTE
15 rds winchesterX 37 grain - 0 FTE
20 rds CCI blazer 40 grain - 7 FTE (Gave the rest of it to my dad a lane over, his ruger liked it)
15 rds winchcesterx 37 grain - 0 FTE
20 rds CCI mini mag 40 grain - 1 FTE

I ran out of ammo at this point, I decided to buy more winchester from the results I had, but the gun range only had it in 40 grain, hoping it would shoot like the 37 grain.

20 rds winchesterX 40 grain - 3 FTE
15 rds winchesterX 40 grain - 2 FTE
25 rds winchesterX 40 grain - 2 FTE

Well apparently my 715t only likes to shoot winchesterX 37 grain without issue. Im going to buy 100 more rounds of it and try back there within the week. Id be happy to only buy this ammo if it can cure the issues.

Dave

here is some perspective for you.

i don't care whether other brands have issues. if i had bought other brands and had the same issues, i would be making the same complaints. the fact is, NO firearm should leave the factory once, let alone a second time with any issues. All companies have a lemon or two with every model, the true test is how they correct it for the future.

I bought this rifle to shoot on the cheap, if i can't successfully fire the cheap bulk through it, then i don't want it, i want what can shoot the cheap bulk. if it don't meet the needs of why i bought it, something else will. the sad part, is, i will take a loss on it if and when i do sell it.

by the way, i dropped it off at fed ex today, $18.88 to ship it back for a second time. this is a cost(although minimal) that should have been covered by mossberg as it should never have come back to me without being 100%.

Hey speedyquad,

Who are you working with at the Mossberg service center? It would highly suggest calling in and asking to speak with CS supervisor Javier Contreras. Make him personally aware of your issues and that your rifle is on its way in AGAIN. It's a disgrace that your situation has gotten this far, but Javier will see to it that you get sorted out. He's been a great help to many of our members here...

the first time was with Javier actually. my works schedule, with a lot of overtime, has had me communication by email only. i should say that i have had only one response to the 5 different email that i have sent. that reply came to the very first email that i sent. i'm on vacation this week so i took the time to ship it back with a lengthy note explaining the problem and lack of response.

I am beyond frustrated and disappointed at this point. i think that i am going to take a loss on this gun and switch to something else when i get it back.

Wow speedyquad...a little testy aren't we?
Did I say you didn't have a right to be upset?
Did I say you shouldn't be frustrated?
Let's see...nope, I re-read my last post and didn't do either.
What I was warning others was that Mossberg isn't the only company this can happen with (google 'marlin customer service' and see what comes up).
I really hope you get sorted out...but at the same time there are countless others like myself who now have thousands of rounds through my 715 with no issues.

Hey guys...my aforementioned buddy with the 715T now requires the ring that attaches to the folding stock with the smaller ring that the sling attaches to...the whatchamacallit..."sling ring" !?

What the heck is the name of that thing ?...and why the heck didn't Mossberg put it on to begin with...this guy is worrying me to death about his new Mossy since I suggested he buy it... :lol:

If I at least know what it is called I can google it up...Mossberg site doesn't show it.

Thanks !!

Back