• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

715t tactical .22 ejection issues

I bought a brand new 715T two weeks ago and have shot near 500 rounds through it and I'm now having ejection issues. The empty shell comes out of the barrel but gets stuck in the action/chamber area. Sometimes it even gets wedged in the slide/door thing. Sorry for the terminology I'm new to firearms. Is this a common problem? It's cycling the new round in fine just won't kick the empty shell out. Thanks for any help

Thanks EDM. That very well may be the issue, but the rear take down pin was not installed at the factory. Mossberg send me a shipping label so it is going back for inspection. Hope they don't have it forever.

Re: 715t tactical .22 ejection issues

I was having the same issue and found that it was happening when I was trying to zero in my sight. The reason I found was because I was resting the rifle on the table with the magazine holding the gun stable while shooting. I guess I was pushing the mag up slightly thus causing many stovepipes. I then picked the gun up and it had no problems cycling through all the rounds. Not sure if this is what you are doing but thought I would share my experience.

mine is at mossberg right now for that...they have had it for two weeks now, and should be starting to work on it. this is the second time i have had to send it back to mossberg...the first was for a feeeding issue. they replaced the trigger housing assembly. i got it back from that, cleaned it, shot it the next day, and had 4 jams in the first 25 rounds. i was shooting standing, freehand so it was not that the gun was resting on the mag or dirty. my work schedule, after receiving the gun back had me communicating by email...i emailed them 2 days after i got it back. i waited a week for a reply, and promptly replied to that email...that was 10-20...i am still waiting for a reply, but got fed up and shipped it back the week of thanksgiving. as of yesterday, it had only been entered into the system, it had not been worked on yet.

it will be for sale when i get it back...never again will i own a mossberg.

Also if you changed Ammo brand or type that may well be it.

For instance my my 522 won't eat Winchester white box very well but remington causes pretty much no issues. My Ruger is the exact opposite.

Clean and lubricate, to include your magazine. That is often overlooked and .22 LR semi auto mags tend to be more finicky in my personal experience.

i just got off of the telephone with mossberg...i get mine back on saturday...it seems the fail to eject issue was caused by the action binding so they repaired it...that's all that i was told...i think i may just sell it...of course, i will have to shoot it first to make sure it has no more problems...

^ My Remington 597 eats everything BUT Remington ammo....... go figure...

I have posted a question as a new topic titled push pins. I can't type fast so I'm hoping you can read my post and possibly have an answer without retyping my question. Thanks for any help you might be able to give! :)
Brad

im a huge fan of mossberg. i recently got a 715t on a trade and it seems to keep the slide ramped back after every single shot. ejects fine and will feed as long as i manually do it. running the factory 10 round magazine. I have noticed that the lever " where you grab the slide seems to have the ability to stick in the rear position you have to pull back and out to get the slide to go back forwards. is that normal? I was debating trying to modify something to stop it from doing this. love the gun and would really like to get the problem fixed. btw i have tried 3 different ammos all keep the slide back on every shot. I have also dissadembled the rifle completely and cleaned it and it still does it please help

Speedy quad had the same problem. Mine does it less frequently.

Mossberg replaced the trigger group on his to rectify the problem. From what I remember.

1fastmofo said:
im a huge fan of mossberg. i recently got a 715t on a trade and it seems to keep the slide ramped back after every single shot. ejects fine and will feed as long as i manually do it. running the factory 10 round magazine. I have noticed that the lever " where you grab the slide seems to have the ability to stick in the rear position you have to pull back and out to get the slide to go back forwards. is that normal? I was debating trying to modify something to stop it from doing this. love the gun and would really like to get the problem fixed. btw i have tried 3 different ammos all keep the slide back on every shot. I have also dissadembled the rifle completely and cleaned it and it still does it please help

mine did this, i sent it back to mossberg(first of so far 2 trips back). they replaced the trigger assembly housing. it came back from that with a fail to eject issue. it is being delivered today by fed ex. i was told the action was binding and it is functioning correctly now. look for my posts above to see more in depth explanations.

1fastmofo said:
speedy did they cover it? do you have a contact number /department for them thanks in advance

so far they have covered everything on both repairs except shipping to them on the 2nd, but it is only 4 months old and still under the one year warranty.

i am going to clean it and shoot it shortly, hopefully everything is ok so i can sell it guilt free. i'll be buying a smith with a lifetime warranty, as i have a feeling this gun may have issues forever.

speedfreak04 said:
Went to the range again today since I got my new magazine in the mail. Both magazines had some FTE with both brand ammos, but I was able to run 4 clips in a row without issues alternating between Winchester super X and mini-mag. I did notice one bullet after clearing out a jam...

IMG_20121124_154028.jpg

what would cause this kind of gouging?

Dave

Are you asking what caused the bullet to look like your pic? or are you asking what caused the FTE?

speedfreak04 said:
Went to the range again today since I got my new magazine in the mail. Both magazines had some FTE with both brand ammos, but I was able to run 4 clips in a row without issues alternating between Winchester super X and mini-mag. I did notice one bullet after clearing out a jam...

IMG_20121124_154028.jpg

what would cause this kind of gouging?

Dave

my guess would be the jamming caused by the fte. it was either the spent round itself, the spent round forcing that gouged section to drag while going int o the chamber, or some you inadvertently doing it while clearing. on my fte's i have had gouges like that, dented casings, both the spent round and the incoming round, as well as marks all over both rounds.

as an update to mine, out of 125 rounds, i had 2 ftes, both with the mag marked #1. the first was about 10 rounds into it, the second about 15 or so on the next loading of that mag. the third loading cycled flawlessly. i have some hard thinking to do. the wife says we are not spending more on a different brand, so if i sell this, i am done with the "tactical" .22 for now. i'm up in the air...at least until i can get her talked into letting me buy a smith or a colt...

Glad to see it's runnin better for you speedy.

Don't know if you've done any reading on the other .22s out there yet, but the S&Ws and Colts are not without their share of issues either. Keep us posted on what you decide and if you end up goin another direction, we've got a non-Mossberg .22 rifle thread in our "Other Weapons" sub-forum...

I have shot this rifle twice and has fired perfect everytime. Now that it is sighted, it's a tackdriver! Only problem is the right side magazine lever keeps falling off. Looks like the holding screw is too short. Nice gun except when it come to cleaning it.

Back