• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Stocks/Tubes

jimmydeuce

.270 WIN
Can you slide the ATI stock off the tube? I thought I could pull the lever out and slide it off but no luck. It gets just past the last hole for the adjustable position and feels like it hits something.

Re: Removing stock from tube

Sorry...I'm not familiar with that.

But, this reply will bump this post to the top so others may see it and help...good luck !

Thanks. Can't find much info on the stock. I checked the factory ATI that came off my 500 and it does the same thing. I sent ATI an email so I'll see what they say.

jimmydeuce said:
Can you slide the ATI stock off the tube? I thought I could pull the lever out and slide it off but no luck. It gets just past the last hole for the adjustable position and feels like it hits something.

Just before the stock gets to the last position, pull the detent pin outward. The pin's spring will be pretty tough, but pull it out as far as you can and the stock should slide right off...

On this one the pin is inside the lever. Pulling out (down) on the lever will get me just past the last position. I've pulled the lever out as far as it'll go without breaking.

I wanted to save the original to put back on down the road if I need to but might just have to break the lever off to remove it. Won't be the end of the world if I do.

I'm adding some dark earth accessories and new stock to it and giving it to my 10 yo. nephew (it'll be living at my house though). Last time I saw him we were looking at AR's with dark earth pieces on them and when his mom walked out of the room he looked at me and said...Dude, those are bada$$. He'll freak over this thing.

Bad cell phone pic
IMAG0051.jpg

Hmmm, that does complicate things a bit.

It does look like it uses the same internal mechanism though. Is there a screw or pin in the adjustment lever that can be removed? It was put together somehow, so I know it can be taken apart. Damn, I want to rech through the computer and grab that thing.

Tactical 22 Adjustable Stock

I just bought a new Mossberg tectacal 22. I guess I was not paying attention and I bought a fixed stock modle. I want a adjustable stock. Does anyone know a solution.

Tactical 22 Adjustable Stock

toyracer38 said:
You can find your answer here. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=362
Also, there is info in there on how to make your fixed stock, adjustable. If you wanted to save a few bucks.

my post from that topic on how to make yours adjustable for free is on the bottom of page 3.

If ya want something more fancy, any eBay airsoft m4/m16/ar15 stock will work fine. (you'll still have to do the above method to remove yours) I paid 30 bucks or so for my knock off LMT sopmod

Like this:
8e2e830a-de27-ad1d.jpg

Re: Tactical 22 Adjustable Stock

i just need to know how to take the retractable part off. wanting a airsoft one havent decieded which one though.

What size is the buffer tube?

I can never leave well enough alone, haven't had the gun 24 hours and already checking out mods. I'd like to add a Magpul stock, but not sure if the Mossberg is a milspec or commercial tube? Anyone upgraded their stock and have some input?

Non adjustable stock to adjustable

The adjustable stock option seems to vary a bit on where or when you buy your 715T.

I had a non adjustable stock.

few seconds with a dremal and a key ring and instant adjustable stock.

the post in the stock is spring loaded. Everything else is there to make it function except for the tab hooked to the pin for adjustment that is found on adjustable stocks. Looked all over for this part with no luck. So I will either make my own and drive a cold rolled pin in or leave the key ring in.

made a small half moon cut on either side of the pin, 1/8" wide and almost 1/8" deep. push down with a safety pin next to the pin and catch the hole in the pin that would normally have the cold rolled pin in it. Pull it up and move the stock half a hole legnth to keep it exposed. Remove the safety pin and insert a small key ring into pin.

instant adjustable stock for the cost of a key ring and 5 minutes of your time.

naturally a pic is here to explain things. This is a pic of the pin in the up position between holes so you can put the ring into it. and you can see the half moon slots i made on the sides.

hope this helps

Dave

Attachments

• 122412143553.jpg
    122412143553.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 2,434
Re: Non adjustable stock to adjustable

Awesome Job!
It is amazing what some ingenuity and a Dremel can do! haha

Back