• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Stocks/Tubes

NEW GUN-LOOSE STOCK

Hey all just purchased a new 715t from the local shop(after about a 10 day wait). and as soon as i got back first thing i noticed was the stock is loose and wiggles making the gun feel like a POS :evil: . but i was wondering if anybody else had this same problem and how they fixed it. Thx

Re: NEW GUN-LOOSE STOCK

Nope. cant do that at all, tightening the screws did absolutely nothing to make it sturdier, so i just removed the stock entirely. giving me the compactness,weight,and handling of an smg, with the accuracy of a LR.

I messed with the adjustable stock for almost an hour trying to get it to come off. I don't see how it comes lose. I'm used to AR stocks where you just pull the lever up and it slides right off the buffer, but I cannot get this thing to come off. Anyone have any tips? I read this whole thread but couldn't find anything definite.

97BlackAckCL said:
I messed with the adjustable stock for almost an hour trying to get it to come off. I don't see how it comes lose. I'm used to AR stocks where you just pull the lever up and it slides right off the buffer, but I cannot get this thing to come off. Anyone have any tips? I read this whole thread but couldn't find anything definite.

For anyone who is looking for this, you actually have to pull the whole lever straight down from it's base to get the pin out, as opposed to pulling the lever down on a pivot, you have to pull it straight down.

I see that you can replace the original stock that comes with the gun with an aftermarket one. What would be your purpose to replace the original? Not bashing anyone who has aftermarket stocks but does it benefit?

For anyone who is looking for this, you actually have to pull the whole lever straight down from it's base to get the pin out, as opposed to pulling the lever down on a pivot, you have to pull it straight down.

This was the BEST info ever haha, you'd think we would try and pull down... didn't happen! So happy I finally removed the ATI and swapped for a tapco! THANKS!

Back