• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical Longterm Concern

Hi Guys new to the Forum!

Just purchased my first firearm, the Mossberg Tactical 22LR, and I just have one concern. I am always concerned about keeping my possessions in the best shape possible so I will be cleaning this rifle as much as it takes for it to be in the best firing state possible.

The thing that concerns me is the amount of little screws and the screws not working properly after a while ( some of them go into plastic threads). I would like to know from people who has had this rifle for awhile if they experienced problems with the screws losening up or similar situations.

Also how often should I clean the riffle? every 500? every 1000 rounds?

Cheers! :mrgreen:

If you do take the 715T down (I would say after 3 or 4k rnds), watch the main spring carefully when re-building. I broke down my new 715T and kinked the main spring - may or may not be responsible for my FTEs every 8 rounds - using Remington 525 bulk, or CCI Stinger. May need more break-in >1k rnds.

Haven't heard anyone talk about the condition of the main spring.

Just use a good fitting screw driver and tighten no more than 'snug'...
Good luck to you and others.
DZB

I took my 715t apart the 1st day I had it to clean it. I was gaining concern about the screws after removal of the 1st screw. I finally got it apart, bent the bolt reciol spring pretty bad. I was pretty mad at myself for not going slower. I was able to get it bent back say 95% of the way, re-installed and it works like a gem. I had called Mossberg service and requested a new spring (good to have on hand) as well as screws, they are sending them complimentary!

Back