• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP 308 Boyds Hardwood Custom stock Swap

hdyfx

Copper BB
The stock cracked on my MVP. I was so Pissed! I loved that Stock. It was actually still under Warrantee but It would have taken so much time and shipping costs and risk of it getting lost or damaged in transit, etc.. I just decided to find a Better Stock! Why would I want the same cheap chalk-like wood stock anyhow!?!. so after looking at a bunch I decided on a Boyds Hardwood.. It was less than $250 after customizing it on their website. The Color is nicer. The quality of the wood and finish is 100x nicer. I swapped it out in 5 minutes. I never touched the adjustment on the scope even during the swap!! First three rounds with the new stock.. Sent 3 rounds through the exact same hole @ 157 yards!! Unreal! So Pleased!..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that you were able to get a new stock. But I believe that I would have at least mentioned the warranty to them.

The stock cracked on my MVP. I was so Pissed! I loved that Stock. It was actually still under Warrantee but It would have taken so much time and shipping costs and risk of it getting lost or damaged in transit, etc.. I just decided to find a Better Stock! Why would I want the same cheap chalk-like wood stock anyhow!?!. so after looking at a bunch I decided on a Boyds Hardwood.. It was less than $250 after customizing it on their website. The Color is nicer. The quality of the wood and finish is 100x nicer. I swapped it out in 5 minutes. I never touched the adjustment on the scope even during the swap!! First three rounds with the new stock.. Sent 3 rounds through the exact same hole @ 157 yards!! Unreal! So Pleased!..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few questions: What style stock did you have on your MVP? I have a Predator 5.56. Fluted 24" bbl. It has the bench type stock, not the sporter.
Does your rifle have (did it have) the sporter or bench?
Did you get the same basic style from Boyd's?
Which stock weighs more?

I want to get a lighter stock from Boyds but it isn't any use buying a new stock if I can't cut some weight. They didn;t tell me the weight of their basic sorter so I have to weigh my stock and email them again. I thought you might know if there is a difference.
Thanks, and welcome to the forum from the wilds of Iowa.

Back