• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP LR 556

azdover

Copper BB
Supporter
Just recently got a new MVP LR Thunder Ranch 556 and almost sold it without putting a round through it. It looks like the stock is gnawed out of a log by a drunken beaver and the adjustable trigger is stuck at 3 pounds.

But I'm glad I didn't sell it. Took it out to the range this morning to get a rough boresight and shot some steel at 100 yards since paper targets weren't available. Looks like it may be a shooter. Once I got it sighted in, I was getting 3 and 4 round one splatter groups on the targets with Black Hills 77 gr SMKs. Now just need to fine tune it on some paper targets.

Pete

xnC9aUv.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking my MVP LR even better. Got a chance to take it to the range today and was really pleased. I'd been trying to sight in a bolt action AR 15. After wasting 50 rounds chasing zero and getting 3-4" groups at 100 yards, I gave up and got out the MVP.

Fired 1 round to check zero at anther target, made some small corrections and then got this 3 shot 1/2" group. The first shot hit at 5 o'clock on the orange dot. After the second shot, I wasn't even sure I hit the target when looking through my spotting scope. Couldn't tell it went into basically the same hole until I walked out to the target. Just to mess with success, the I managed to open up the group a little with the 11 o'clock shot. Unfortunately, ran out of ammo and range time so I figured I'd quit while I was ahead. I am by no means what anybody would consider proficient precision shooter. And admittedly, I need to fire some larger groups to make sure this wasn't a fluke. But this rifle is showing a LOT of promise.

Pete

PS - Those other dots were from my AR 15 "shotgun". I wasn't trying to "cherry pick" my group (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).
1rlLzDh.jpg

Last edited:
I really liked my MVP 5.56 NATO bolt. But I sold it to my buddy to make room in my safe a couple of years ago. It was a dialed in shooter for sure!

Back