What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Patrol 308 Ammo

Highlander

Copper BB
Hi all

Hi all

I have recently purchased the MVP patrol 308, 16.25" 1:10 twist and Im Seeking the most accurate supersonic and sub sonic mainstream factory ammo to suit the above specs.

I will be hunting medium game in oz at a distance inside of 100 meters at altitudes ranging between 250 and 1200 meters (mountain woodland country) mainly around 600m. Temps vary so average 22 degrees C

Any assistance would be appreciated to save time and money?

Highlander

Hi.

Nice rifle you have there.

A couple comments. First, I don't believe that there are any subsonic factory loads out there. Sorry, but I cannot help you there.

As far as "most" accurate, well, it depends entirely on your rifle. Yours might prefer Remington Cor-Lokt or Hornady Light Magnum or Winchester PDX, or Norma or Lapua or Prvi Partisan, and your rifle will decide that for you. Even changing bullet weight within the same brand might see sometimes slight (and sometimes drastic) differences in overall accuracy.

But if you are shooting inside 100 meters I think that just about any 150-gr or 168-gr factory hunting ammo will shoot with reasonable accuracy for you. In other words, your rifle should shoot within 2-MOA at 100-meters with practically any factory ammo marketed for medium game hunting.

Good Luck hunting!!!!

Yep. A handload with Trailboss propellant (I think it's even made in Australia!) and a heavy bullet ought to do it.

Hi all

Thanks for your assistance, i was into reloading for my 243 win once so the subs can be done. But man that is alot of work and whilst i loved the results of my hand load im not sure it was worth my blood sweat and tears lots of tears.

I was hoping you guys in US would have the subs over the counter but never to worry pretty sure if i ask around down here someone local would have it all figured.

So cheers for the help.
Ps. oli700 hopefully there will be no THUMP at all ;-)