• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Patrol 556/223 casing ejection issues - weak and limp

josh19

Copper BB
Hello all,

I brought a brand new MVP patrol 556. I Dry loaded and dry fired the rifle. I noticed and disappointed that the ejection of the casing was very weak, when I pull the bolt back, the casing was barely ejected from the chamber. Most of the time, the casing simply stay in the chamber. I have to roll my rifle to get the casing out.

I returned to Mossberg for repair, just got it back. I tried again. Still the same, very limp ejection.

Just wonder if that is a defect of my rifle or that is normal of the MVP patrol 556 ?

( I also own a bolt action patriot .308, the casing eject well)

I appreciate if you can share your experience with me. Thanks

you running them from a mag right ?

you mean to say the case is stuck in the chamber ?

what ammo ? same ammo throughout your experience ?

Can you clarify where its all going wrong..?? Is the extractor claw not gripping the rim of the case and pulling it out of the chamber (extraction problem)..?? or is it pulling out of the chamber fine, but not throwing it out of the breech area.. (ejection problem)..??

I think you're having the ejection problem..??

I can't check my MVP at the moment, but normally on B/A rifles there is a spring loaded plunger in the bolt face on the opposite site to the extractor claw... so the case is always being pushed towards the extractor. When the case clears the chamber that spring loaded plunger should be strong enough to throw the case out of the breech area.

If there is plunger, check that its not gunked up, and is "sprung".

HTH

Back